• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

The YJM-100

• Thread starter DSL100 Dude
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
Great info! Just what every growing boy wants! A SuperLead with a built in attenuator and extra goodies for when the mood suits you.

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5vMmkJYFI4]YouTube - Marshall YJM100[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Avd2-ebao]YouTube - Marshall YJM100 power scaling[/ame]

Some great stuff right here!

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
Right on!

I'm hooked. I have passed over all kinds of signature crap over the years. The only other sig item I liked was back in the early days of Fender doing artists series. There was a Bonnie Raitt Strat that I tried out that was JUST AMAZING. This is a sig model but in a way it's what I believe several of us "gettin' gray" fellas have been looking for.
I love that Santiago said that if you turn off all the goodies it is just straight up 1959! WITH POWER SCALING!!!! WOO HOO!!!

sonnyksac

Reaction score
This amp sounds great but Im sticking with the AFD100. Unless the YJM comes out way sooner.

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
And the great thing is that there are both amps to appeal to different folks.

Marshall has really come around to the idea of having multiple choices for it's customers. Most younger guys think all guitar and amp companies should have a huge amount of choices to choose from. There used to be a time when a guitarist would say "I just got a Marshall" and everyone would know what it was. It really didn't matter if it was a Lead or Super Lead. It was irrelevent if it was a NMV or a MV model. Ah... the good ole days.

Now everyone has to do the Burger King method of doing business.

Strateuphoria

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY2nwQRXsSg]YouTube - yjm100-santi.mp4[/ame]

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
I have to admit, I am really not surprised by the video. I am not going to knock the AFD, it IS a Marshall so I know I could find my sound in it somewhere. I am sure Slash is indifferent to the power scaling but it is a great feature for the target market.

Papus

Reaction score
A big "thank you" to Santiago for answering our questions in that video.
YouTube is a marvellous tool and saves having to answer posts on every forum

spiritdave

Reaction score
So the bias is awesome? Yet when it was announced for the AFD, it was a blue screen scare? lol. Silly :)

I think it looks like a great amp and I'd love Marshall to always put this feature in every amp from now on.

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
Dude, your not even making sense. Who the hell said anything bad about the auto bias on the AFD? Mesa/Boogie has been doing it forever and I said a LONG time ago that I thought it was backwards that Marshall did not continue with the easy access bias testing like on the DSL when they did the JVM. Having auto bias and an adjustment pot on the friggin' back is excellent.

nedcronin

Reaction score
I think I like this amp, I can't wait to test one in person.....of course I would alos like to know what we are looking at for price...

rockinr0ll

Reaction score
Yngwie used the new amp on Relentless? The tone on that album was his best in years.

Cassp0nk

Reaction score
Is that the shirt Santiago is wearing like the one that we'll be getting with the adf100?

No, its just a t-shirt. I reckon that is the workshirt that only comes with the signed ones. There was something about it on my registration card so when I filled it in I was thinking I'd get the work shirt, but I think Santiago crushed that hope on the AFD100 site.

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
There is some online retail site that is claiming 1500 units and wanting to sell them at 1500 pounds. (2400USD)

Marshall has yet to start production, they have not specified an amount or MSRP so as of now I am not jumping on that bandwagon.

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
Yngwie used the new amp on Relentless? The tone on that album was his best in years.

Yeah, I think it is cool that there is already an album done with the amp. I admit, I may have to buy it so I can hear what it sounds like in his hands.

In mine it will be much more like what Chris George was throwing out on the vids at NAMM.

rockinr0ll

Reaction score
FYI, I was just on the Marshall Amp site and it said that it is indeed a limited edition amp. The only downside with having the vintage look with the YJM is that it is going to be a bitch to adjust settings, for me it would.

Latest posts