There's no place like home!

• Thread starter speyfly
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

speyfly

Reaction score
The Marshall Forum and it's members are far and wide the best!

I admit that I'm not loyal to one guitar forum but this place is where I spend most of my time. Of course it's about the amps but second to none, the members are what make's this place happen. If you have a question you can and will get great info and insight from very informed persons.

Honorable mention- My Les Paul, once again, great place to hang out (Marshall/ Les Paul=hand in glove). Some of the other gear forums are about the members ego's and not about the community, so sad.

Anyways, a shout out to you guys and gals, it's about YOU!

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a comradery here that I've never seen anywhere else. I've made friends on here that I still keep in touch even though they no longer post here (or anywhere for that matter) for many reasons. I've even met a couple of guys in person and hung out. There have been a lot of changes to the forum since I joined and I admit that I got pissed enough a couple of times to disappear for a while, but I couldn't stay away because this is where you go to get the real scoop on whatever you need to know from genuinely good people that know their shit and are happy to share it.

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
974 total current posts divided by 14 years = 70 posts per year, or 1.3 posts per week.

IDK, speyfly. You gotta do better than that, bro. We're all workin' our @sses off around the clock here with this.

Last edited:

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
Honestly, this is the only forum I attend. Heard of the gear page, been there a couple of times not interested. I migrated from the vintageamps.com forum. It's home, lots of good guys here. Learnt alot ;)
I keep thinking of joining The Gear Page. It's a busier forum with more discussions about bands and music which I like. May never actually get around to it though.
I used to be worried I was going mad.
Buying old guitars and pedals like a maniac.
Constantly looking at gear and youtube promos.
Unable to resist an ebay deal.
Turns out I am normal and everybody is like me or worse.
Well, not everybody. I've never been much of a gear head. I just like to play guitar.
I went about 30 years with just a JMP 50 watt combo and have never been much of a pedal guy.

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
I keep thinking of joining The Gear Page. It's a busier forum with more discussions about bands and music which I like. May never actually get around to it though.
You should sign up today and stay there. It's a much more suitable forum for you.

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
You should sign up today and stay there. It's a much more suitable forum for you.
In so far as music topics are concerned that’s true but I’m not a gear head or a cork sniffer so in that sense it’s probably a poor fit for me.
Plus this forum needs me for fact checking bogus chromosome assertions. Lol. That’s a full time job around here!

Plus how would I irritate you if I was on TGP? ;-)

EndGame00

Reaction score
So what were you banned for ?
Vin loves some juicy gossip.
Me?

TGP - posted a meme about gun safety (nothing political) - apparently someone cried to the mods in pm that got me the ban stick...

MLP - they allowed heated political talk about certain countries but got the ban stick for stating the obvious.... Anyone can talk UK or any western European political landscapes, but US and Canadian politics are no-no's (this was five years ago)....

Mike_LA

Reaction score
Well, I started @ TDPRI and the Marshall Road House (changed to musicians roadhouse after Marshall started being a b!tch about name usage).
The Telecaster Discussion Page ReIssue is a larger version of this place minus the marshall goodness. The being said, there are a large percentage of older guys there and there are too many old guy issue threads there for me these days but, need help on a telecaster or fender amps it's a great resource...
Once the name changed at the roadhouse readership declined drastically since marshall was no longer in the name and it no longer stood out in internet searches. But that's where I met @anitoli and got my 6101s straightened out so I still stop by there one in a while. Lots of good info buried in those threads.
This place has the right balance of guys and knowledge, Keep Rockin' :shred2:

Rodical

Reaction score
I need to donate, just been lazy spending it on equipment, wife, need to win the lottery at some point... Great forum, agreed...

NumbSkull

Reaction score
Me?

TGP - posted a meme about gun safety (nothing political) - apparently someone cried to the mods in pm that got me the ban stick...

MLP - they allowed heated political talk about certain countries but got the ban stick for stating the obvious.... Anyone can talk UK or any western European political landscapes, but US and Canadian politics are no-no's (this was five years ago)....
I sort of get why politics is banned, some people find it off topic and others get too wound up and it can degenerate into slogans and insults.

But I do like to know what people in other countries think.

One of the main plusses of forums is you can talk directly to the people of other countries without the media filters or bias that saturates the news organizations. I would like to be able to talk politics, and in a free civilization I cant see why it should be banned.
I agree it would cause a few heated arguments, but the plusses exist too.

EndGame00

Reaction score
I understand political and religious discussion will constitute a ban, however they seem to "allow" other political talk to go haywire...I got ban from MLP for pointing it out...

knulp

Reaction score
I sort of get why politics is banned, some people find it off topic and others get too wound up and it can degenerate into slogans and insults.

But I do like to know what people in other countries think.

One of the main plusses of forums is you can talk directly to the people of other countries without the media filters or bias that saturates the news organizations. I would like to be able to talk politics, and in a free civilization I cant see why it should be banned.
I agree it would cause a few heated arguments, but the plusses exist too.
I like and agree 100% with your thinking

Difficult to achieve peacefully as we are rockers playing aggressive amps often
An ongoing thread is degenerating because of a single not too relevant word ..

But ..if it was like you are saying we could be really really proud of the forum

Which as far as i know is the only one I know with a funny picture thread for mind refreshing treatment