Things you want to do but never actually do

• Thread starter Vinsanitizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ghostman

Reaction score
Afterhours, YAYYYYYYY!!!!!

B9wGaml.gif

chucho

Reaction score
If I want to do something, I do it.
No point otherwise.

Seems completely depressing to "never actually do" something that one wants to do. If one never actually does what they wanted to do, then one probably didn't really WANT to in the first place.

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Play pop song covers from all eras with a new wave flavor to it and surprise/insult people. Some will love it, most will hate it.

I want emotional reactions. :yesway:

I like this idea but there is something in it that is difficult to digest.

"....song covers from all eras..." makes me think of popular songs from the 1920s or 1930s.

And then:

"...with a new wave flavor..."
makes me think about how music was produced in the 80s. Maybe also the late 70s.

This makes me think that one thing on your mind is a question about how to best give a 1920s song a 1980s treatment.

I wish I could give you an emotional reaction to that idea but I cannot right now.

Vinsanitizer

Motivational Speaker
VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you talking about?
Are you saying that nobody looks at trees?

I don't get it.

Here's the interpretation: I think I was painting a broader picture of how media sells products. You want to buy that bicycle because you dream of those wide open landscapes, but they don't tell you that most people will need to strap it on their car and drive 100 miles away just to get to that kind of location. You want that RV because the imagery symbolizes freedom, leisure, family, etc. They show you campfires and smiles by a flowing stream deep in the Sierras, but no one [hardly ever] gets an RV 15 miles into such places and the cost of gas alone is virtually impractical, not to mention the fact that your RV will sit in your driveway 50 weeks a year.

4Horseman

Reaction score
Here's the interpretation: I think I was painting a broader picture of how media sells products. You want to buy that bicycle because you dream of those wide open landscapes, but they don't tell you that most people will need to strap it on their car and drive 100 miles away just to get to that kind of location.

Very true Vin, when I decided to leave the east coast I made sure I was near National Forest and BLM land. The rules back east were getting stricter and stricter, most land is private etc... In all the years of riding dirt bikes back east, I think I only rode leagally once. Mountain bikes, well they started requiring registrations, which is fine if they plan on doing some work on the trails. My favorite place back there was in the Adirondacks, but guess what, wilderness= no bikes aloud. The west is the best and screw all that rat race crap!

Vinsanitizer

Motivational Speaker
VIP Member
Reaction score
Very true Vin, when I decided to leave the east coast I made sure I was near National Forest and BLM land. The rules back east were getting stricter and stricter, most land is private etc... In all the years of riding dirt bikes back east, I think I only rode leagally once. Mountain bikes, well they started requiring registrations, which is fine if they plan on doing some work on the trails. My favorite place back there was in the Adirondacks, but guess what, wilderness= no bikes aloud. The west is the best and screw all that rat race crap!

Yeah there used to be dirt bikes and snowmobiles everywhere years ago, but there aren't many places to ride anymore, and even what land is left is usually posted.

tubes

Reaction score
Here's the interpretation: I think I was painting a broader picture of how media sells products. You want to buy that bicycle because you dream of those wide open landscapes, but they don't tell you that most people will need to strap it on their car and drive 100 miles away just to get to that kind of location. You want that RV because the imagery symbolizes freedom, leisure, family, etc. They show you campfires and smiles by a flowing stream deep in the Sierras, but no one [hardly ever] gets an RV 15 miles into such places and the cost of gas alone is virtually impractical, not to mention the fact that your RV will sit in your driveway 50 weeks a year.

Okay then.

But I don't like the suggestion that all my own memories of camp fires and flowing streams are fantasies attenuated by the media.

Meanwhile, talking about Nature, my children can swim with the dolphins any time they choose.

We have the inherited land - and the beach infested with dolphins.

I could swim with them too: But you won't see ME swimming with any dolphins.

In my understanding dolphins are the juveniles of the sea, the louts of the sea, the hooligans of the sea.

I'm off topic now....

tubes

Reaction score

Sorry Vin but I just want to keep stabbing at this...

"You want to buy that bicycle...."
This is not a thing that has ever occurred near me.

"...because you dream of those wide open landscapes..."

It's now very late, and I'm tired.

tubes

Reaction score
Getting back to OP: Things you want to do but never actually do...

Something tells me that I could work hard and, by that method, pay all my bills and handle all my responsibilities.

But I will NOT do that.

I can, but I will NOT.