• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Those Of You Who Sign Every Post

• Thread starter brp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
That's true.

But on the subject; you know what really grinds my gears?
When people indiscriminately add the possessive apostrophe where none is required. Like I completely give a pass when a required one is ommited but why go out of your way to add one that is inappropriate, I mean.... oh.... er....
never mind.

:ugh:

Worst part about this is, I work in a school and I have no idea what a possessive apostrophe is...

Wiseblood

Reaction score
What a stupid thread.

Who really gives a ****? How people sign their threads.

Lol

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Grammar mistakes are part of the personality of a forum. If we all wrote the same, it would serve as a vacuum to personalities. Could you imagine Blackie writing w/out a bunch of ,,,,,,, ? How about Tubes

who has a

tendency to write

just about every single

sentence in a different

line as if they

were separate paragraphs?

How about dreyn? Could you imagine if he wrote w/proper grammar? Wait, don't answer that one. Honestly, I kind of like how various personalities show in the way we all write … just our own voices.

Las Palmas Norte

Reaction score
brp wrote:
"Based upon the theory of a couple of members, it has become the working assumption at another forum that I've frequented for years that these people are quite impressed with themselves, as a rule."

Interesting. I never thought of myself as impressed with myself, far from it.
I sign each post ... Cheers, Barrie.
It's a bit more personal than my avatar name, Las Palmas Norte. I guess I (maybe falsely) assume that folks might like to have a real name as opposed to a fictious one.

Cheers, Barrie. (or is that OK?)

brp

Reaction score
ya was just funnin around man, when I was watching someone do it everytime in a quick succession of posts and I sincerely thought "why type that everytime if you want to sign when it'll go in there on auto in the sig. feature. Then I saw Ken had done exactly that and was impressed.
Just a dumb time killing thought, bored evidently
pardon me, Barrie :)

levon

Reaction score
In all reality there is an extreme lack of grammar nazi's around here.
Not like some other forums where a misplaced comma creates a shitstorm that lasts a few days...

But for those that work with words, i.e. lyricists like me, the use of that kamikaze spelling and grammar is as offensive as an out-of-tune guitar to you.

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a bit more personal than my avatar name, Las Palmas Norte. I guess I (maybe falsely) assume that folks might like to have a real name as opposed to a fictious one.

Cheers, Barrie. (or is that OK?)

I have always thought that a real name is so much more personal than an anonymous title. It leads to better friendships and puts everyone on the same level.

Coronado

Reaction score
I've actually signed my name on a couple posts that were a bit more lengthy, specifically when I was thanking a group of members who spent a good amount of time going into detail in response to a question I had. To me it was just my way of making my thanks a bit more personal I guess.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've actually signed my name on a couple posts that were a bit more lengthy, specifically when I was thanking a group of members who spent a good amount of time going into detail in response to a question I had. To me it was just my way of making my thanks a bit more personal I guess.

I've done that a few times myself for the same reasons.

Latest posts