• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Tips on how to cut thru on a solo

• Thread starter Force235
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used a cheap fish and chips EQ in loop with frequencies set best for soloing and bumped volume barely. Doesn't take much and the sound guy lets you know when too far happens.

I agree with the other players though not all songs especially the rowdy raunchy ones will work the same. The sound field changes. I have used 2 fish and chips in loop if guitar volume had too little effect getting there. No gat damn rule you can't use more than 1 solo boost set up ready to go tailored to a particular song or 2.

If the band knows how to adjust for songs so guitar comes through with the feel and impact it needs too then that is a band I'd call brothers. The songs come first...not my solos.

However at rehearsals I will set my solo boost way over the top just to have a laugh at my mates as they run for the exits. I've done this too many times...and enjoyed myself. Course they get even but I accept those moments as payment for my entertainment.