Trade Les Paul for JVM

• Thread starter jross68052
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
It's an interesting question. It's kinda harsh, but I don't think Dreyn is too far off base if you're looking at it from a contemporary standpoint. I've thought about that before, in particularly, when there is a discussion (criticism) of Gibson pushing the envelope with 'too many models' / 'ridiculous colors' / 'stupid designs' / etc. Look, I'm 40 years old, so while some of the newer innovations don't necessarily appeal to me, if I were a 10 or 15 year old kid getting started, I'm thinking I'd likely want something that had a bit of a kick in the pants for a newer generation. Also, it's the kids who will gravitate toward these newer designs who will eventually want the older designs as they grow up and want 'vintage'. I think it's healthy for not only bringing in a newer generation, but also keeping up the intrinsic value of the vintage market onward. Dreyn's post probably doesn't apply to the OP, but it's an interesting thought nonetheless.

Bearing in mind I have a 17 year old daughter who sings and plays guitar in a rock band. I usually help them with set up and sound at their gigs. I come across a lot of younger players from other bands. They absolutely still aspire to own the classic guitar models, if they do not already do so. My mate at the local music shop will not take in weird, point shaped, metal type guitars, because they sell badly. Even the Steve Vai type Ibanez models, he tends to steer clear of. New players still buy (or would, if they could afford them) the classic guitars. If they can't afford a Gibson or Fender then it's an Epi or Squire.

To the OP, congrats on the deal :yesway:

jross68052

Reaction score
Bearing in mind I have a 17 year old daughter who sings and plays guitar in a rock band. I usually help them with set up and sound at their gigs. I come across a lot of younger players from other bands. They absolutely still aspire to own the classic guitar models, if they do not already do so. My mate at the local music shop will not take in weird, point shaped, metal type guitars, because they sell badly. Even the Steve Vai type Ibanez models, he tends to steer clear of. New players still buy (or would, if they could afford them) the classic guitars. If they can't afford a Gibson or Fender then it's an Epi or Squire.

To the OP, congrats on the deal :yesway:

Thanks Bro. Classic rock and classic guitars will always be classic! Even a stevie Vie or Satriani guitar is not really new. They were developed in the 80's. BTW, the guy I traded loves the JVM 210. In a good business deal there are no losers.