TSL 60 Head Crunch and Lead Channel

• Thread starter BluesDisciple
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BluesDisciple

Reaction score
Got a question...

I get the Clean channel dialed in on my TSL 60 head. Flip the switch to Crunch, and set the volume at about 9 o'clock, and the gain at about 3 o'clock. Expecting a nice, crunchy, voluminous sound. What do I get, a crunchy compressed sound that is about 1/2 the volume of my Clean channel.

Same thing with my Lead channel.

The only way I can get any volume out of either Crunch or Lead is to set either volume at about 3 o'clock and the gain at about 8-9 o'clock. ???

The master volume is low during all of this, at about 8 to 9 o'clock. So, is this how things are supposed to be, or do I have a bad preamp tube or something?

Thanks,

BD

tresmarshallz

Reaction score
I am sure TheShadowNinja is correct, yet this seems to be exactly how my tsl60 behaves also. They come into their volume range pretty high on the dial. This confused me for a while, as it's way different than my other Marshalls. I usually have crunch gain and master vol on at least 12o'clock before anything starts to get cooking. My layman's opinion, it's the nature of those amps.

BluesDisciple

Reaction score
Spoke with Marshall today. This ain't normal. The head is now at an authorized Marshall Service Center. I will let you all know what happens in a couple of weeks when I get it back.

Until then, it's back to my Fenders..........

Latest posts