• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

TSL 60 or 100?

• Thread starter xophrax
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xophrax

Reaction score
I need to know the differences between the TSL 60 head, and the TSL 100 head. Please so questions unless you really need them, I just really like the tone of a TSL 60 at a low volume, and I want to know if i would regret buying it over a TSL100 it because it has less features than the 100.

steelhorse

Reaction score
wtf, no questions? Wow, just wow.

If you like the 60 why are you waffling on it, just buy the thing.

OR....

l
l
l
V

xophrax

Reaction score
wtf, no questions? Wow, just wow.

If you like the 60 why are you waffling on it, just buy the thing.

OR....

l
l
l
V

Hahaha ok fine, questions are allowed. I don't want to get the 60 because I don't know wether or not it lacks features that the TSL100 has.

steelhorse

Reaction score
Why not go to Marshall's site, look up the specs for each, compare the two then decide.

Do we have to do everything for ya?

If that's the case...

see my sig....

xophrax

Reaction score
Why not go to Marshall's site, look up the specs for each, compare the two then decide.

If that's the case...

see my sig....

Haha, your a funny one steelhorse.

I meant like personal experiences, things that you have noticed are different about the two. If you have noticed differences, please put them, if you haven't, don't put anything.

Simple as that.

carnada

Reaction score

If that's the case...

see my sig....

will you actually buy an amp for someone in the forum if we send you the money? or you will just keep it and buy gear for yourself?

carnada

Reaction score
and by the way the TSL 100 sounds like poo poo, I have cranked my friend's TSL to around 6, and it still sounded like poo pooo. I mean the crunch chunnel is terrible, if you want more gain, you will need to go to the lead channel, but what if you wanna solo? then theres no next channel to go to, so you will need a volume pedal.

steelhorse

Reaction score
If you guys are so pathetic that you can't make your own mind up sure send me the money and I'll make the decision for you. If you want the amp back then certainly, send the return shipping and I'll be glad to do that too.

Now listen up xophrax, you said not to ask questions so I humbly abided, however, you clearly stated you liked how it (the TSL 60) sounded and were wondering if there were any FEATURES that you might be missing out on if you got it instead of the 100. Nothing about the tone, sound or anything else, the FEATURES.

Which was why, I responded for you to look the stuff up and make a comparison.

I've played the TSL 60 but opted for a TSL 100 because it had the FEATURES I wanted and sounded good to me.

As for sounding like poo, whatever, I bet anything that if you heard sound clips of your favorite amps and a TSL100 in real world applications you couldn't say poo about it, because you couldn't tell the difference.

BTW, are you also implying that perhaps the 60 makes less poo than the 100?

You guys make me laugh.

carnada

Reaction score
If you guys are so pathetic that you can't make your own mind up sure send me the money and I'll make the decision for you. If you want the amp back then certainly, send the return shipping and I'll be glad to do that too.

Now listen up xophrax, you said not to ask questions so I humbly abided, however, you clearly stated you liked how it (the TSL 60) sounded and were wondering if there were any FEATURES that you might be missing out on if you got it instead of the 100. Nothing about the tone, sound or anything else, the FEATURES.

I've played the TSL 60 but opted for a TSL 100 because it had the FEATURES I wanted and sounded good to me.

As for sounding like poo, whatever, I bet anything that if you heard sound clips of your favorite amps and a TSL100 in real world applications you couldn't say poo about it, because you couldn't tell the difference.

You guys make me laugh.

no man seriously, I played this awesome JCM 800 combo ones at my friends, and it was the awesomest shit ever. Now I played the other guitarist's TSL in my band, and dude it sounds terrible, so muddy and like no sustain lol, atleast for the crunch channel, but I still couldnt dig that crunch channel. The lead channel was a little better.

I got a question, is the DSL 50 or 100 close to the TSL? because I was really planning to get that amp, but now im scared after playing the TSL

steelhorse

Reaction score
Ya know there are amps that sound like ass because they're not biased properly or the tubes are wasted or some combo of factors.

I personally love my TSL100 but I've got it setup right. When I first got it, the dude had JJ 6L6's in there, the pre's were all messed up and the bias was WAY off so no wonder he got rid of it.

The DSL's are great. I love them both, the 50 and 100, the major difference is the channel switching which obviously the DSL won't have, but they're solid.

xophrax

Reaction score

You guys make me laugh.

Uh yeah, the FEATURES! What FEATURES would I be missing out on if I got the TSL 60 instead of the TSL100???

Lucifuge

Reaction score
Ya know... That's what Steel's referring to... Look it up:hmm:

Then you know what you're missing out on (or not). I put new tubes in my TSL100, biased it right, and I love the sound.

xophrax

Reaction score
Ok, again, its really not that difficult.

IF YOU HAVE PLAYED BOTH THE TSL60 AND THE TSL100, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, TELL ME WHAT FEATURES THE TSL60 LACKS COMPARED TO THE TSL100!!! IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THEM BOTH, THEN DONT SAY ANYTHING!!!

Lucifuge

Reaction score
Ummmm.... one's 60W, one's 100W, one has VPR and EQ for each channel... Yes, I have played them both... I got the 100....
It's not that hard....

xophrax

Reaction score
Ummmm.... one's 60W, one's 100W, one has VPR and EQ for each channel... Yes, I have played them both... I got the 100....
It's not that hard....

Thanks asshole, thats all i was asking for.

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
Wow! It got as nasty as a $2 whore on this thread. Come on people. I swear some people just post to make trouble. Is that what the forum is all about? The OP stated to reply if you had something worthwhile to post. Instead it turns into a mud slinging matter.

I own a TSL100 and the 602's (same as a TSL60 with 212's). I also have a TSL122. I've found myself using the 60 (602) more than the 100. I like the sound I get from it at the same volume levels. The 100 has to be cranked just a little bit louder to get the tube distortion I want. Of course, all of my amps have NOS tubes in them and that makes a TSL come alive. I can't compare the sound of a TSL with crappy OE Russian tubes and mine with NOS tubes. There is no comparison. I've heard quite a few crappy sounding TSL's and the problem was either they were pre-2004 and had the Issue 5 main board, or they had real old, worn out tubes.

Anyway, the TSL60 with some good tubes will give you all you want. It may have a few features missing from the 100, but are they really that important?

If you need a three channel amp, a TSL is the way to go. Just remember at one time the TSL was the Flagship of the Marshall line. It was superseded by the 410...a four channel amp still in current production.

Latest posts