• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

TSL 60 or 100?

• Thread starter xophrax
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xophrax

Reaction score
Wow! It got as nasty as a $2 whore on this thread. Come on people. I swear some people just post to make trouble. Is that what the forum is all about? The OP stated to reply if you had something worthwhile to post. Instead it turns into a mud slinging matter.

I own a TSL100 and the 602's (same as a TSL60 with 212's). I also have a TSL122. I've found myself using the 60 (602) more than the 100. I like the sound I get from it at the same volume levels. The 100 has to be cranked just a little bit louder to get the tube distortion I want. Of course, all of my amps have NOS tubes in them and that makes a TSL come alive. I can't compare the sound of a TSL with crappy OE Russian tubes and mine with NOS tubes. There is no comparison. I've heard quite a few crappy sounding TSL's and the problem was either they were pre-2004 and had the Issue 5 main board, or they had real old, worn out tubes.

Anyway, the TSL60 with some good tubes will give you all you want. It may have a few features missing from the 100, but are they really that important?

If you need a three channel amp, a TSL is the way to go. Just remember at one time the TSL was the Flagship of the Marshall line. It was superseded by the 410...a four channel amp still in current production.

This is the kind of answer I was looking for, thank you!

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
And i'm glad you decided not take your angry pills today! :lol:

steelhorse

Reaction score
Nah, Marty missed the rest of the party and decided to be diplomatic, but honestly, someone needs to grow up.

The OP would have gotten a detailed response from me had he stated clearly what he was after in regards to information, but hey, don't take my word for it look at the OP, he wanted to know about features so I freaking addressed that, and wtf would I need to hold his hand and walk his ass over to the info? Screw that.

Then the attitude started and not just with me as you all can see.

I've taken a lot of time in my tenure here to help those who clearly had the desire to be helped and ya know, didn't place any conditions about it. That one was a new one to me, "I ask the questions around here, don't ask me any" wtf?

xophrax

Reaction score
Nah, Marty missed the rest of the party and decided to be diplomatic, but honestly, someone needs to grow up.

The OP would have gotten a detailed response from me had he stated clearly what he was after in regards to information, but hey, don't take my word for it look at the OP, he wanted to know about features so I freaking addressed that, and wtf would I need to hold his hand and walk his ass over to the info? Screw that.

Then the attitude started and not just with me as you all can see.

I've taken a lot of time in my tenure here to help those who clearly had the desire to be helped and ya know, didn't place any conditions about it. That one was a new one to me, "I ask the questions around here, don't ask me any" wtf?

Oh, so sorry to offend the great steelwhore.

I wasn't the first one to show "attitude" and I even laughed in my first reply post to you. (when i put "hahaha", i was laughing, you see, the common human being exerts a sound similar to "hahaha", therfore, to express laughter, I typed it on my keyboard, understand?)

I asked for help, I clearly stated that if you didn't have any useful information to offer, I didn't want your input. All you (steelhore) ever do, is go around reading other peoples posts and replys, and comment on them like some kind of critic. I have yet to hear what you saw different between the TSL 60 and the TSL 100. Its really not a hard question... heres a good example.

Lets say someone asks me the question "Whats the difference between a Gibson, and an Epiphone?"

Based on my knowledge, I would answer like this...
"Gibson are more high end, and use higher quality components, etc. Epiphones are nice too, and sometimes I even think Gibsons are overpriced." Thats my opinion, im not saying its right.

Anyways, all i was asking for was what differences (in features) the community saw between the TSL 60 and the TSL 100.

Simple as that, anymore questions? As i CLEARLY stated above that I will take them. :)

steelhorse

Reaction score
See I don't attack personally the way you do, but that's cool and an easy thing to do online.

I'm old school and I don't tip toe or soft touch anything, when I post something you know it's not based on political correctness, it's based on how I see it. I shoot straight and if it's not sensitive enough it's easy to ignore.

I learned my shit the old fashioned way not via the internet. Looking back on it, I can't really say I'd change a thing. I had to think for myself and make my own decisions based on my own research.

How this:

The TSL100 is more powerful and has more features than the TSL 60. I have one it sounds great, I tried the TSL 60 (see my first post) but I have a TSL 100 (read between the lines?).

I've posted many other times how I also changed the tubes on it and biased it properly and it came to life and sounded much better than when I first got it.

xophrax

Reaction score
See I don't attack personally the way you do, but that's cool and an easy thing to do online.

I'm old school and I don't tip toe or soft touch anything, when I post something you know it's not based on political correctness, it's based on how I see it. I shoot straight and if it's not sensitive enough it's easy to ignore.

I learned my shit the old fashioned way not via the internet. Looking back on it, I can't really say I'd change a thing. I had to think for myself and make my own decisions based on my own research.

How this:

The TSL100 is more powerful and has more features than the TSL 60. I have one it sounds great, I tried the TSL 60 (see my first post) but I have a TSL 100 (read between the lines?).

I've posted many other times how I also changed the tubes on it and biased it properly and it came to life and sounded much better than when I first got it.

That was pretty good, I'm impressed. And yeah, I agree its very easy to talk shit online :).

But I want to know why you chose the 100 over the 60, none of this read between the lines shit.

Thanks

Zaxl_Rose

Reaction score
okay, this is ridiculous.

i own the 60 and my buddy owns the 100.

- the 100 has the EXACT same features as the 60 with the addition of channel EQ's.
- in terms of sound: EXACT SAME except for an obvious increase in headroom/volume for the 100.

i don't know what else could possibly need to be said about the matter. they are so similar it all comes down to money/features/volume preference. if you feel the simplicity and low volume of the 60 is good, go for it. if you need more volume or the channel EQ, go with the 100. as long as it sounds good TO YOU, why not just go for it?

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
I think he's looking for features like -A little clown jumps out of the amp when you reach power tube overdrive, and starts dancing and singing.
This guy is such a mishap! Xophrax, read the posts, absorb them and then stop acting like a monkey! :wtf:

xophrax

Reaction score
I think he's looking for features like -A little clown jumps out of the amp when you reach power tube overdrive, and starts dancing and singing.
This guy is such a mishap! Xophrax, read the posts, absorb them and then stop acting like a monkey! :wtf:

What the fuck? Hey asshole, wanna cut the shit?

By features I meant like the VPR on the 100 watt. The 60 watt doesn't have it, there's a feature difference right there.
You know assholes like you are the ones that shouldn't even be posting on forums/blogs/websites. No one wants to hear what you have to say unless it answers the question. So, fuck off.

xophrax

Reaction score
okay, this is ridiculous.

i own the 60 and my buddy owns the 100.

- the 100 has the EXACT same features as the 60 with the addition of channel EQ's.
- in terms of sound: EXACT SAME except for an obvious increase in headroom/volume for the 100.

i don't know what else could possibly need to be said about the matter. they are so similar it all comes down to money/features/volume preference. if you feel the simplicity and low volume of the 60 is good, go for it. if you need more volume or the channel EQ, go with the 100. as long as it sounds good TO YOU, why not just go for it?

Ok cool, thank you, thats what I was looking for. I'd really love to try them out before I buy one but NOBODY in my city carries TSL's (They carry DSL's though) anyways, thank you, but one more question... are the outputs for the cab on the back the same? Because I know the TSL 100 has a 16 ohm output, and 2 more that you can switch between 8 and 4 ohms... does the 60 have that?

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score

Oh man, little clowns jumpin out of the amp! That is too funny, Aussie! Really, this whole miserable thread is just hilarious. Official thread of dudes with PMS.

xophrax

Reaction score
Oh man, little clowns jumpin out of the amp! That is too funny, Aussie! Really, this whole miserable thread is just hilarious. Official thread of dudes with PMS.

Haha, yeah, i wish they made Marshalls with little clowns lol.

woodddj

Reaction score

now that was funny:lol: i about pissed on my self reading that comment.:lol:

Lakeboy1612

Reaction score
I don't mean to necrobump on a 6 year old thread, but I may have an opportunity to trade my tsl60 +some cash for a Tsl100 head, but having no experience with the tsl100 thought I could go to my beloved Marshall forums to ask if anyone had any experience and preference between the two.
When I read this thread I was absolutely shocked at the comments and behavior of these people.
What is the point of having an entire web page dedicated to talking about and asking questions about marshall amps if people are going to treat others in such a manner?
So rather then start a new thread and risk being treated as this guy was, I will simply resurrect this one and ask...
Any body have any experience with the pros and cons of the tsl60 vs the tsl100 head?

Reactions: Fil

royslead

Reaction score
Why don't you just shut up and go away?

Just kidding, I have had a TSL 602 for quite some time, and given comparisons between the two AND my own needs (I play out live), I have found I really didn't need anything bigger. A friend of mine had the TSL 100 , and the issues he had just weren't worth my time for the risk. Instead, I changed the tubes and speakers in my combo and had a great sounding amp in the end.

Lakeboy1612

Reaction score
Lol, good stuff!
I love my Tsl60, I think it definitely needs new tubes and there is a problem with the effects loop, but it was my first Marshall, and only second tube amp I have ever had.
I should probably mention that I originally bought the tsl60 because I am playing through a 1960ax(100 watt) cab, and I wanted a lower watt head, so that I wouldn't risk damaging the 25 watt greenbacks in that cab, however I recently put a 1960b cab in layaway, so next month I will be returning to full stack land and that wattage restriction will not be an issue any longer.
I kinda miss the raw power of a 100 watt full stack

royslead

Reaction score
I had a full stack once before (Carvin); I found it way beyond my needs and have since gone the way of 2x12's (two cabs, so I can use as needed). Not sure about the effects loop issues - mine worked for what it was ( I always use fit full on, as I prefer a series loop vs parallel - its just a matter of what I'm used to ). It certainly sounds like you'll be set for using a 100 watt head, so I'd say go for it.

Latest posts