Tubestore and duties for Canadians

• Thread starter wallythacker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wallythacker

Reaction score
Question for Canadian users of Tubestore.

Does the CRA add 13% HS, or any taxes or duties for that matter, to orders from the Tubestore?

I'm about to order $800 in tubes and don't want a nasty surprise.

chee16

Reaction score
I ordered from them and don't remember any brokerage fees. There shouldn't be as they are a Canadian company. The only issue is that the Canadian dollar goes up and down, so the pricing might be a little bit different based on what they are buying the tubes for from the US at the time.

I actually order my tubes through my local shop who matches the tube store pricing, but puts them on his stock orders (as he does orders from the tubes store once a week). So I either pay $5 shipping or no shipping depending on the order size. Works out nicely.

poeman33

Reaction score
poeman should know.

"HEY POEMAN!"

Jeez...I was sleeping and dreaming of...well, nevermind.

I have ordered from the tubestore in Hamilton. They will charge the government blood sucking 13% HST, as any business does. My wife even has to charge it as a hair stylist.

Masteresgt

Reaction score
I'm placing order of 400$ on tubestore ;)

Tubedepot is best but they are US and they ship by UPS so $$$ for shipping + brokerage...

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm placing order of 400$ on tubestore ;)

Tubedepot is best but they are US and they ship by UPS so $$$ for shipping + brokerage...

if you had a really good friend in the USA he could get them & then forward them by USPS.

Clammy

Reaction score
if you had a really good friend in the USA he could get them & then forward them by USPS.

Another option, if you're close to the US border, that I use ALL the time when buying items from US sellers, is to have them shipped to a UPS Store (or something similar) on the US side, and then drive down and pick them up yourself. Declare their value at the border when coming home, and you might have to pay the HST (which you will for sure if you have them delivered to your home), but if the value is fairly low, you'll usually not get charged. Over the last few years the shipping prices for cross border orders, has skyrocketed.

I always price things including shipping and taxes when comparing prices, and now you really have to take into account our weaker dollar, too. For me, if the total is 25 bucks cheaper or more to have it shipped to the UPS Store, it's worth it.

Cheers!
:hbang::hbang::hbang: