Unknown BC Rich Warlock - need help/info

• Thread starter Necronomy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Necronomy

Reaction score
Hi people. I`m a new player, my first guitar was a cheap Yamaha EG112, now I have a proposition on a deal to buy a BC Rich Warlock guitar for 150$ including postage to europe and all.
The guitar is a BC Rich Warlock Platinum. I have some pictures, I tried to ask the owner but he doesn`t know anything about guitars so I need a little bit of help from you people since I cant find this guitar on the BC Rich website.
What do you think of it, how mutch is it worth, what year is it? Is that a floyd rose? What does those markings "Licensed by BC RICH" mean? Any info will help.
Thnx in advance!
Links:

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Far East manufacture. Not a USA BC Rich. Cheap and cheerful.....and ugly. My advice, never, ever buy a guitar from someone who says they know nothing about guitars, unless they live within collecting distance. :cool:

SRD

Reaction score
it's not a bad guitar for a new player, I had a platinum series back in the 80's and if it's set up good, it's not bad really.
it's like the third one down the ladder, USA, then NJ, then Platinum, then Rave (back then at least, now there are so many different series, who the hell knows.)
If it's fairly cheap, like 100-150 give it a little tlc and it could be good for you to get to know what you want in a more high end guitar.
Just my opinion.

dreyn77

Reaction score
none are orig floyds (outside of USA models)

sitting down this guitar is great, but stand up and play and you're going to get a sore shoulder.
If you want perfect WASP sounds from an 800 amp, you need a guitar like this. those pickups are totally unique and that sound isn't heard from any other setup.

Get a BC rich flying v, it's a GREAT guitar! the warlock looks great sounds great but is TERRIBLE at being a guitar.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
a bC-Rich looks best in the backseat of an IROC-Z, mullet and all.

Jeffs%20Iroc%20Front%20Index%20Pic.JPG

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Hi people. I`m a new player, my first guitar was a cheap Yamaha EG112, now I have a proposition on a deal to buy a BC Rich Warlock guitar for 150$ including postage to europe and all.
The guitar is a BC Rich Warlock Platinum. I have some pictures, I tried to ask the owner but he doesn`t know anything about guitars so I need a little bit of help from you people since I cant find this guitar on the BC Rich website.
What do you think of it, how mutch is it worth, what year is it? Is that a floyd rose? What does those markings "Licensed by BC RICH" mean? Any info will help.
Thnx in advance!
Links:

Often times that's a sign of a stolen guitar, so I'd be very careful.

Biddlin

In Memorandum
Reaction score
That one has a lot of issues. Missing hardware is the first thing I'd worry about. Are the wrenches required to fight with the licensed Floyd Rose attached to the guitar? Does he have the nut caps and string tree? Are the saddle blocks in place? When, if ever was it last setup(Full Floyd, bridge height, neck relief and intonation)? What's his bottom price? I could buy one in that condition for $80 in Sacramento, right now.
;>)/
Postage to EU and all, that's not bad if you can get the missing parts!
Here's one from Sacotomatoes' craigslisp.
00S0S_1lcrZ7RreCW_600x450.jpg

$100
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/msg/4555590838.html
Thanks, now I can gas all day about this bein' down the road a mile or two...
;>)/

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
That one has a lot of issues. Missing hardware is the first thing I'd worry about. Are the wrenches required to fight with the licensed Floyd Rose attached to the guitar? Does he have the nut caps and string tree? Are the saddle blocks in place? When, if ever was it last setup(Full Floyd, bridge height, neck relief and intonation)? What's his bottom price? I could buy one in that condition for $80 in Sacramento, right now.
;>)/
Postage to EU and all, that's not bad if you can get the missing parts!
Here's one from Sacotomatoes' craigslisp.
00S0S_1lcrZ7RreCW_600x450.jpg

$100
BC Rich Warlock, Affinity Telecaster, Vox AD15VT, Digitech RP7 Valve
Thanks, now I can gas all day about this bein' down the road a mile or two...
;>)/

if it makes you feel any better that's the ugliest damn thing I've seen in 20 years,and that Maleficent headstock? WTF were they thinking...?
:lol:

two-new-maleficent-posters-released.jpg

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
:lol:

You don't buy a BC Rich because you think it's purdy - you buy it because it doubles as a weapon to hit your harridan cousin and/or wife when she drinks all the Milwaukee's Best and then gives you lip for inquiring about it.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
A little research says:

Made in Korea
10 years ago, they were going for $150 used.

I agree - don't do it. You're overseas. I don't go for the "don't know anything about it" BS line either. Either they are playing ignorant for a reason, or if they are ignorant, there's a reason, & it's usually something that doesn't add up...

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
If this was made 10 - 15 years ago, I'd definitely avoid it. The late '90s - early 2000s was a dark era for import BC Rich guitars. They were abysmal.