unpopular opinions (musical or otherwise)

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
iu
:D

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
up until the Black album, Metallica was just an ordinary garage band doing speed metal/thrash like 50,000+ other garage bands in the greater California area...

Black was their best & they've rested on their laurels ever since...

Load, Reload & Loaded Again, all rehashes. Unforgiven, Unforgiven 2, Unforgiven 3 - 13... blech...

St Anger? Whatever 72?

_________

Pantera was better before Cowboys From Hell & went downhill from there...

_________

I like the new country better than old. I couldn't stand country music growing up. The only country music I liked was when Led Zeppelin dabbled w/ it, like Stairway to Heaven, Tangerine, or Bron-Y-Aur Stomp - but I liked the more aggressive live versions better...

are heads exploding yet? :)...

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
I never cared much for VH. I know what Eddy did for the guitar and totally changed everything and all respect for that, but VH's music never interested me.

+1
His playing, his tone, the way he developed technique and gear, definitely made him one of the really great. His music and his band(s) was never for me though.

I'm the same way. I never loved any of the hair bands when I was young. Like them more now than when I was young. Just a little too cheesy. Now I can see the humor in it better I guess.

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
up until the Black album, Metallica was just an ordinary garage band doing speed metal/thrash like 50,000+ other garage bands in the greater California area...

Load, Reload & Loaded Again, all rehashes. Unforgiven, Unforgiven 2, Unforgiven 3 - 13... blech...

St Anger? Whatever 72?

_________

_________

I like the new country better than old. I couldn't stand country music growing up. The only country music I liked was when Led Zeppelin dabbled w/ it, like Stairway to Heaven, Tangerine, or Bron-Y-Aur Stomp - but I liked the more aggressive live versions better...

You thought master was ordinary?
I thought mop was a major step up from rtl. ,still heavy ,not as thrashy. The black was very good, everything after blew. Death magnetic has a few good riffs,same with the most recent. The lyrical content fell way off after the black one.

10kDA

Reaction score
I never cared much for VH. I know what Eddy did for the guitar and totally changed everything and all respect for that, but VH's music never interested me.
I liked the first VH album, and only a couple or maybe 3 tracks from each of the subsequent albums with DLR. Nothing with Hagar.

10kDA

Reaction score
Indeed, the absolute nadir of all things musical in my opinion.

I'd add to this thread with musical opinion but I don't think any of them are that controversial. My political opinions, on the other hand..... I know the rules, I'll keep them to myself.
I believe the parameter was unpopular - which doesn't necessarily make the opinions controversial. But also does not rule it out LOL

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score

St Anger? Whatever 72?

_________

_________

I sort of agree. Pantera was better before Vulgar Display of Power. Though I really love The Great Southern Trendkill.

My 2 favs are Power Metal and Cowboys.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I sort of agree. Pantera was better before Vulgar Display of Power. Though I really love The Great Southern Trendkill.

My 2 favs are Power Metal and Cowboys.
I like I Am the Night... :)...

At my local vinyl shop, they have a re-pop of Projects In the Jungle on vinyl... It has some fancy vinyl. I could kick myself, though, because I used to have all the original Metal Magic vinyl, that I got for free - a couple x's, but I gave them away, thinking nothing of it back then.

I had a buddy, that moved to TX & became their bus driver. So, he sent me a bunch of stuff & I sent him tapes of my stuff. Ended up Darrel became a fan of what I sent & kept asking for more. I sent him just about everything I had up to that point & he'd keep sending me copies of their albums...

I had roadies, that were big fans, but, of the Cowboys album. When I showed them the albums I had, they were all jealous, & since they were our roadies, I just gave them to them, among other rare albums I had, that were given to me in similar manner...

Such is life though, hopefully, those kids got a lot out of the albums I gave them.

But, to now, buy the album, for a premium... it just hurts! :shrug:

playloud

Reaction score
Gear doesn't really matter, production doesn't really matter, technical skill doesn't really matter (beyond a certain point - which is much lower than what most people think)

Beyond that, I sense many "unpopular opinions" in wider society aren't unpopular here, and vice versa.

Jazz is a superior form of music to rock, in my opinion. I think that one qualifies.

Ban him mods!