velcro?

• Thread starter ricksdisconnected
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WellBurnTheSky

Reaction score
I recently made a larger board and attached Velcro a little different this time since it doesn’t stick to the rubber backing on some pedals. Once in place it holds well and doesn’t rely on the Velcro sticking to the rubber backing.

View attachment 78469

View attachment 78468
A nice trick with the Boss pedals is to turn around the back plate (so the rubber backing is inside the pedal), then you'll be able to stick velcro to it.
note that the 3M dual lock adhesive does stick to the rubber backing, you just need to clean it up with rubbing alcohol beforehand.

Sustainium

Reaction score
A nice trick with the Boss pedals is to turn around the back plate (so the rubber backing is inside the pedal), then you'll be able to stick velcro to it.
note that the 3M dual lock adhesive does stick to the rubber backing, you just need to clean it up with rubbing alcohol beforehand.
:cheers:
Flipping the backing plate is a good tip, will use it next time I set up a board.

Sg-ocaster

Reaction score
Used to use Wal-Mart Velcro......loved those 90 degree gigs when id open my case and the pedals were all dangling and had gooey shit allover the place.:facepalm:

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Used to use Wal-Mart Velcro......loved those 90 degree gigs when id open my case and the pedals were all dangling and had gooey shit allover the place.:facepalm:

now you see why i gotta get this one right.
its gonna be pretty big for no reason other than
i have them.

miyaru

Reaction score
I use the stuff that came with my Pedaltrain. It is OK, but not the stongest though. I have no problems with, as I don't gig anymore.......

Caffeinated

Reaction score
3m dual lock is ace. It comes in a few different grades. The heaviest grade is suitable for semi-perm construction use.

I’ve got several pounds of Palmer power pad hanging off the back of a combo with a dot of it in each corner.

If you find it too grippy it can be mixed with regular Velcro.

Last edited:

SuperFleeky

Reaction score
I'm sure someone else has mentioned it, but outdoors titanium is good. It can take the heat, and historically, that's what's always made my pedals start to slide... nothing like a few hours of Texas sun hitting your pedalboard on those outside festivals and such.

Dirty-D

Reaction score
what area are you in? if you're close to Los Angeles try Pacific Radio in Burbank. They pribably have several colors even. They also sell speaker and instrument cable by the foot and jacks and plugs it's a road tech's dream. if not yeah Lowe's Home Depot has 2" stuff that's rather strong

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
a guy was telling me about some web site thats all pedal board
building and hop up parts. cant remember then name.
anybody have a clue as to what site this might be?

Dirty-D

Reaction score
ooh I don't know. Check out like studio supply or something in that realm I guess. Sorry I can't really help out there