Wah pedal: left foot or right foot?

• Thread starter Vinsanitizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wah pedal: left foot or right foot?

• Left

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Right

Votes: 21 55.3%
  • Either/doesn't matter

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

Tone Slinger

Reaction score
I write with the right hand.....had to force myself to play right handed. It came 'natural' to me to try and play it left handed. I remember being like 5 yrs old and holding it flipped over lefty. My Father (who is lefty) INSISTED that I play it right handed. His theory..."You are RIGHT handed".

Its funny, but like Blues N Cues, I shoot a rifle and bow left handed. I figured out why.....its because my LEFT eye is stronger than my right.

I also JUMP off of my left foot, whether doing a long jump or a leap/lay up at the rim in basketball, etc. Coming off of the left foot allows you extend more (up) with your right hand.

mott555

Reaction score
Either one. I'm also nearly ambidextrous. Left-handed for some things, right-handed for some things, and doesn't matter for some things. I got a laugh the last time I played softball because I was switch-hitting. When we started, because of the sun's position I was hitting lefty so I wouldn't get blinded and could actually see. As it got later, the sun was on the other side so I switched to righty. And the guys were like "You're the least experienced person in sports in the entire world in all of human history, yet you're a switch hitter?"

mirrorman

Reaction score
I'm not the most coordinated person and use my right foot to stomp on anything including wah.
If I tried using my left, I'd probably end up on the floor.

scat7s

VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you tried one ?

im not sure...:hmm:

ive never owned one. but ive heard them on recordings. i think with the right options available, sweep depth and position and trigger type (either timed or triggered via pick attack), you could come up with some funky sounds. not necessarily using it to emulate a traditional wah, but as its own personality. like an envelope filter. thats kind of really all it is i think...not something id use everyday, but could be cool in the right context.

Bigmuff

Reaction score
My wah is on the right side of the board, and I'm very dominantly right handed. So I almost always use my right foot.

I like auto-wahs for 70's funk stuff, but otherwise they're corny.

Dizzyg12

Reaction score
Right foot -
Picking hand side

Last edited:

Latest posts