We all getting old....

• Thread starter jeffb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jeffb

Reaction score
Satch starting to look like Robin Trower. And still has got the playing goods, too.

Hard to believe if you know me here, but yes I had a Satch (and Vai) phase where I spun his early records constantly- still like to listen to him on occasion for a song or two. My best Ibanez from BITD was a Saber model (had an original Jem too, couldn't compare to that Saber) ,and my guilty pleasure super strat is a JS model. I've had a handful of later S models over the years, but I'd love to get one of the JS versions before I can't play any longer.

Rocking the JVM and Boss stompers.

Mike_LA

Reaction score
I saw Tom Brokaw yesterday, yes we are all aging. Last week I sent in my retirement paperwork. I'm still in my Satch/Buckethead phase though and it's hard not spending my retirement saving on a full stack (or Fractal). . .

images

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
I'm going to turn 49 years old this coming Sunday (the 10th). I've been told that I look young for my age, and mentally (and maturity-wise) I feel like I'm in my 20's. although, physically, I feel like I'm about to turn 59 instead... LoL... and yes, its tough coming to grips with so many musicians that I love either becoming elderly, or passing away... if I look through my entire vinyl and CD collection, I would say probably a good 1/3 of all the musicians & singers of all that music are probably dead.

Last edited:

Derek S

Reaction score
I recently heard a couple of our newer employees talking (younger guys) and it was like a punch in the gut...one of them said to the other "I remember you from way back in the day", the guy responded "yeah man, like 2008, right?" Ouch. To me that hardly seems that long ago..."back in the day" for me means like the 80's lol. I will be 55 in a couple weeks.

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
58 and still not sure what I want to be when I grow up!

How'd I get this old? One day at a time, same as everybody else.
I still have all my hair, it's just not where it used to be!

I'm still physically in good shape, but I eat healthy and get tons of exercise. Three days (at least) a week I'm in the gym working out with my partner. I'm actually in the best shape of my life because of it. We work hard, lifting (fairly) heavy.

One of my best friends is almost exactly my age. He looks ten years older than me, at least. I say the difference is lifestyle. He still drinks and parties, and I have never done that.

The only place I'm really feeling age effects is my knees. They don't like it much when I'm doing squats or heavy leg presses.

Buc McMaster

Reaction score
"Back in the day......." sooner or later applies to every generation. For me, 'back in the day' refers to the 1960s.........so much water over the dam since. At some point one begins to realize that some things that were once simple tasks become Herculean efforts..........the mind slowly accepts that the body ain't what it used to be and some changes are in order. Yes, we all getting old..........the relentless march of time gathers everyone.

10kDA

Reaction score
When I hit 50 I told myself "50 to go." That was 19 years and 9 months ago. Even with a few speed bumps, I'm sticking with my initial estimate. And yes, I'm counting years a month at a time now LOL.

Last edited:

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I'll be 60 the end of this year, 30 of that with my wife. It's got me thinking about a plan how to spend another 30 with my wife. Gonna start a healthier diet, some exercise, and regular medical checkups, none of which I've done the last 30 years!