We all getting old....

• Thread starter jeffb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RCM 800

Reaction score
Seems like every day something new hurts, but getting old is still better than the alternative. Half of my closest friends are already gone and I cant even get a senior discount yet lol.

Beryllium-9

Reaction score
Getting old isn't for sissies. The toughest challenges that we endure come with age as our bodies breakdown and become vulnerable. Life expectancy is an interesting theory and the actuarial tables are well studied. Judging by his lyrics, it seems that Mick Jagger recognized this early on because he looks after himself these days and looks damn good for his age..

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turned 60 on Feb.1st.... :facepalm:
Which one of you old bastards gave me a "sad"?.. :D

I still got all my hair, it isn't Grey, I still can ride my Harley, throw the grandkids around the pool, and pile into my cars that are 4" off the ground so I can't complain yet. Count my blessings.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm 56 now, I worked hard all my life because that's how I was raised. I'm paying for it now with chronic back and neck issues. In my head I'm still 25, but my body says otherwise. It's only recently that I noticed I'm starting to look the part.. I finally can relate to this song, it sucks, but I earned it!

Keysdweller

Reaction score
I recently went to Shinedown, Papa Roach, Yngwie Malmsteen concerts and thought, look at all these old people here and then realized that I was even older. I am 69. Then I went to Outlaws, Glenn Hughs and ZZ Top concerts and realized that everyone was over 70 as were most of the band members. They usually have a few younger members to replace the dead ones, but these bands still sound really good live. I could never stand on stage for 80 minutes playing a guitar these days like they do, but I still play guitar, jam sessions and occasionally do gigs. My mind is still feels young, but my body feels old and wore out.

Last edited: