What did I just do?!

• Thread starter stax
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FJP467

Reaction score
Happy NGD and soon to be NGD and NAD. Enjoy!! That is awesome. There is no reason to just buy 1 guitar when you can buy 2 and an amp!! rock on!!

stax

VIP Member
Reaction score
Happy NGD and soon to be NGD and NAD. Enjoy!! That is awesome. There is no reason to just buy 1 guitar when you can buy 2 and an amp!! rock on!!

Thanks. But now I kind of feel like a braggart, flaunting my good fortunes in front of some that have none, one young man comes to mind. Feels a little icky now. Sorry guys.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't think that way man, yes it's true, but you've paid your dues and deserve to flaunt it, IMO. I get your point, but I don't think you have to feel guilty about it. You might just inspire said "young man" to get a job and bust his ass for it. I don't know who you're talking about so I might be out of line, but I still say it's cool to share it with us. Everybody has to start somewhere and have something to look forward to and work towards..

FJP467

Reaction score
Thanks. But now I kind of feel like a braggart, flaunting my good fortunes in front of some that have none, one young man comes to mind. Feels a little icky now. Sorry guys.

You certainly did not come off as a braggart and I do not feel there is a need to apologize. I do see your point though and I do get where you are coming from. That said, the people who are on this forum for the right reasons will not be judging you because you can go out and buy a few new toys. I certainly can empathize with you as I feel for those who have hit hard times and are not as fortunate as me and my family. With that, I will end by saying enjoy your gear without feeling any guilt and please continue to share your experience with the forum.

stax

VIP Member
Reaction score
Love the Trem on that thing..I hear Nothing but good about the Zero..!!

Since I started this thread I have not had to tune this guitar (a couple of fine tuner tweaks only), I have played this guitar hours a day, everyday but one and have thrashed the trem pretty none stop just to try and fvck up the tuning! I am in awe of it's stability!! The ZR2 is incredible!:yesway:

RiverRatt

VIP Member
Reaction score
My first locking trem guitar was a red Roadstar with a Kahler because it was as close as I could get to an Eddie guitar at the time. That turned into a Charvel, which I traded for an early 1970's Les Paul Standard.

I've pretty much been a LP player since then, but I still love the feel of an Ibanez. I bought an RG5EX1 a few years ago to flip and ended up keeping it for awhile. It's one of the cheaper guitars but it still had that great feel and the pickups were more than decent. I think I went for over a month without having to tune it.

chiliphil1

Reaction score

I'm with you on that, I've felt the same way posting all the stuff I've gotten lately. Even having it all listed in my sig.. However, I remember being unable to buy anything and seeing the NGD and NAD posts and just wishing, now that good fortune has graced ME of all people I have decided to enjoy it. With that I know I also like looking at all of the new gear posts myself because it's cool to see things that you may have never seen before or some things which just make you drool.. It's good stuff all around, and congrats on the Ibanez, I've always like the prestige line.:yesway:

stax

VIP Member
Reaction score
My first locking trem guitar was a red Roadstar with a Kahler because it was as close as I could get to an Eddie guitar at the time. That turned into a Charvel, which I traded for an early 1970's Les Paul Standard.

I've pretty much been a LP player since then, but I still love the feel of an Ibanez. I bought an RG5EX1 a few years ago to flip and ended up keeping it for awhile. It's one of the cheaper guitars but it still had that great feel and the pickups were more than decent. I think I went for over a month without having to tune it.

In place of the "Like" button.:yesway:

stax

VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with you on that, I've felt the same way posting all the stuff I've gotten lately. Even having it all listed in my sig.. However, I remember being unable to buy anything and seeing the NGD and NAD posts and just wishing, now that good fortune has graced ME of all people I have decided to enjoy it. With that I know I also like looking at all of the new gear posts myself because it's cool to see things that you may have never seen before or some things which just make you drool.. It's good stuff all around, and congrats on the Ibanez, I've always like the prestige line.:yesway:

:yesway:

Jaymz E

Reaction score
Congrats Stax. I had a few good Ibanez guitars back in the day. Ibanez Floral Jem and a mid 80s Allen Holdsworth model. I'm stuck on 50s/early 60s type Starts these days with the occasional LP thrown in for good measure.
Your post didn't come off sounding like your bragging imo, it shows that your a considerate person and the world could use a lot more of that today.

4Horseman

Reaction score
I haven't played a guitar with a locking trem in over 20 years...
I think we're polar opposites, I have only played locking tremolos for the past 20 years.:lol:
I'm looking at hard tails right now, though. Happy NGD, looks like a keeper.:yesway:

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats.

Why do Ibanez guitars stay in tune so well? Beats me. :scratch:

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
Mine don't ... i'm gonna have to spend some time with it and figure out what's going on . But it sounds great & plays like a dream imo .

picture.php

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Stax, we've all been in the position of having no money to buy gear. I have worked hard to get to the point where I am able to buy what I want, within reason of course. I saw a programme on TV the other week where a well known UK footballer was showing his collection of guitars given him by stars he knows....and he doesn't play at all. At least we play the things. :yesway: