what do you guys think of this attempt at slash tone?

• Thread starter rockstah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SoloDallas

Reaction score
Mark - yo Texan - I think it's Slash meets EVH. I hear both of them.
I have no idea how either sound, never a listener.

However, I liked how you sounded :)

tresmarshallz

Reaction score
All the clips you have posted in various threads, to put it bluntly, sound....amazing! Dam fine sounding amps and mods you have.

Drew

rockstah

In Memorandum
Reaction score
All the clips you have posted in various threads, to put it bluntly, sound....amazing! Dam fine sounding amps and mods you have.

Drew

thank you very much!

i was curious if someone that was into slash would say "No go" on this clip.

i appreciate the feedback.
Mark

Steve0525

Reaction score
It's sounds great man. The recording quality is better than what I was expecting. A may be little too much dirt for 'Slash' and maybe too wet on the leads. I thought it was great, but since you're asking how "slashy" it is, those are the only things I hear

Steve0525

Reaction score
I just listened to one on there called Que's 1987 something/?? and dude your EVH tone is spot on!!!! Wow sounds Just like VH1 (Van halen 1 lol not the channel)

rockstah

In Memorandum
Reaction score
I appreciate that. my specialty is getting van halen tone with my "rockstah mod 5" spec but i'm wanting to show i can get others as well. its all about a good Marshall circuit.

i appreciate all feedback!

Mark

p.s. i have videos up clients amps on my youtube channel in my signature.

rockstah

In Memorandum
Reaction score
thanks guys! - i made a youtube video showing the amp!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqt30ofJsAU&lc=-rUHCgtgLEX3iZ3Ix8DNhmmYMBNA_kyyrwFb7XWZ2R0&feature=inbox]YouTube - Rockstah Mod5[/ame]
Mark

rockstah

In Memorandum
Reaction score
FYI

Hey guys!

This is a 100w i built for a client. ( orange 100w rockstah Mod 5™- youtube info talks about the amp )

The van halen part was recorded using a nothern ash strat , stock trem, super distortion pickup, rosewood neck, plugged straight in.

The slash part was recorded using my 2004 les paul with motorcitypickups black belt in the bridge plugged straight in.

I just listened to GNR's "night train" a little and then over a drum track i recorded the rhythm idea and then improvised a solo over the top of it.

All guitars were recorded at bedroom level.

it was recorded in protools where i added reverb after the fact. no post eq or anything was done to the tracks.

It was an experiment to see how well my mod5 does other tones so thanks for all your feedback!

Thanks for listening!

Mark