• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

What guitar do you most regret selling?

• Thread starter Clayton Custom Cabs
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Clayton Custom Cabs

Reaction score
Interesting conversation going on over on TDPRI, what guitar do you most regret selling. Well?

Here's my story:

I learned (could have) that valuable lesson from my neighbor back in 1992. He was playing his guitar out in his driveway on our cul-de-sac (sp?) He introduced me to this affliction. He said, Rich don't every sell a guitar or amp, you will live to regret it. He told me about the Gibson SG double neck he had sold, it was from the 60's he said, which at the time meant nothing to me. OMG!

Well, I've always had more "wants & needs" than dollars...so, in a moment of weakness I traded in (you know I got hosed good) an 80s' Les Paul Custom Cherry burst and a Marshall JCM 800 half stack...to buy an acoustic guitar. I went through a Peter Paul and Mary phase and thought I'd never again "plug in and dime out an amp" - my neighbor was so right!

What I would have to pay to get that rig back makes me ill.
Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayton Custom Cabs

Reaction score
Interesting conversation going on over on TDPRI, what guitar do you most regret selling. Well?

Here's my story:
I learned (could have) that valuable lesson from my neighbor back in 1992. He was playing his guitar out in his driveway on our cul-de-sac (sp?) He introduced me to this affliction. He said, Rich don't every sell a guitar or amp, you will live to regret it. He told me about the Gibson SG double neck he had sold, it was from the 60's he said, which at the time meant nothing to me. OMG!

Well, I've always had more "wants & needs" than dollars...so, in a moment of weakness I traded in (you know I got hosed good) an 80s' Les Paul Custom Cherry burst and a Marshall JCM 800 half stack...to buy an acoustic guitar. I went through a Peter Paul and Mary phase and thought I'd never again "plug in and dime out an amp" - my neighbor was so right!

Rich

I see that if I click on Quote I get black on grey...a little easier to read than black on black.

mcblink

Reaction score
Here you go

Rich

Filipe Soares

Reaction score
My 2 regrets:

Fender MIJ Photoflame 60s Reissue (that guitar probably was summoned in a crossroad by the devil himself, it was not supposed to sound as good as it sounded)

ESP KH2 Ouija (yeah, one of the 144 originals. worth a lot of money and I was starting to be scared to gig it)

zachman

Reaction score

Here's my story:

Rich

My old Ibanez Destroyer & Artist (335 style), '62 Gibson LP/SG- white-- that belonged to Jimi Hendrix (Got it from a friend of my uncle who was a friend of Jimi)-- Sold both in the late 70's, a REALLY nice Suhr Standard I had.

RCM 800

Reaction score
Gibson Parlor guitar my Grandpa gave me. Was young dumb broke kid and the face was cracked on both sides of the bridge when I got it. Took it to the only guitar shop in town and tried to see if they could get it fixed. They said "No it cant be fixed but Ill do you a favor and take it off your hands and give you store credit" . Same story for my tweed 5f1. Every time I see that bastard now it takes a measure of control not to go to jail.

Ninjaking67

Reaction score
Hey guys! New here but had to post on this thread.
I wish I had never sold my ebony 1990 Les Paul Standard.
It was a bit beaten up and had lots of scratches and swirls from playing but, man, that thing almost played itself.
I thought I really needed a Peavey HP instead. What a moron!!!!!!!!!!

Nik Henville

Reaction score
Eastern Seaboard, the nook-shotten isle of Albion
I had a J-185, I bought it from Davey Graham for a fair price - he needed heroin, I lusted after his guitar, a deal was done one stormy night in Dingwalls, Camden Lock back in the seventies... He taught me Angi as part of the deal.
She was a 1952 - same year as I was born, blonde and played beautifully.
Had to sell her about five years later to pay the lawyers in a divorce.
Regretted it ever since... until I got my Gold top, nearly a decade ago.

ampmadscientist

Reaction score

Here's my story:

Rich

Travis Bean Artist
Travis Bean Longhorn Bass
Travis Bean Wedge
67 SG Custom
57 Les Paul Jr.
I always regret selling them.............. later...

Latest posts