What is Fender doing here with their 40th anniversary teles?

• Thread starter Mike_LA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_LA

Reaction score
OK, so I've convinced myself to stop buying guitars that I like but will sit in a closet because I have my top 3 that I play everyday. But, I have allowed myself to GAS for a bound neck tele to add to the stable since the 40ths are so inexpensive.
What the h3ll does "Designed and Backed by Fender" mean?
They gave the OK for some random Indonesian guitar maker to produce these 40th anniversary instruments?
Still may go for it but we'll see I how I feel this afternoon.

reverb link

zaphvpztvimc3b1wwt7y.jpg

RLW59

Reaction score
OK, so I've convinced myself to stop buying guitars that I like but will sit in a closet because I have my top 3 that I play everyday. But, I have allowed myself to GAS for a bound neck tele to add to the stable since the 40ths are so inexpensive.
What the h3ll does "Designed and Backed by Fender" mean?
They gave the OK for some random Indonesian guitar maker to produce these 40th anniversary instruments?
Still may go for it but we'll see I how I feel this afternoon.

reverb link

zaphvpztvimc3b1wwt7y.jpg
Well yeah, that's what "Squier" means -- built under contract by factories Fender doesn't own, using Fender specified designs with warranty provided by Fender.

Kinda odd to add that label 40 years after they started using the Squier name on contract-built guitars, but it's not a change of direction or anything.