What is going on with Marshall and their lack of shipments of speakers, and amps to the United States?

• Thread starter guitarsmasher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyBandera

Reaction score
The reissue Bluesbreaker pedal is awesome, but most everything else is on backorder except the studio jtm. I couldn’t push myself to get one though. I love Marshall, have several that are 20+ years but at what point do you as an American just say something like Friedman is going to be a more sensible choice, especially considering warranty and whatnot? I still believe in supporting the venerable Rock brand though.

Keysdweller

Reaction score
The reissue Bluesbreaker pedal is awesome, but most everything else is on backorder except the studio jtm. I couldn’t push myself to get one though. I love Marshall, have several that are 20+ years but at what point do you as an American just say something like Friedman is going to be a more sensible choice, especially considering warranty and whatnot? I still believe in supporting the venerable Rock brand though.
I bought the BluesBreaker, DriveMaster and ShredMaster earlier this year. Great pedals. I got the DriveMaster but not the Guv'nor because it is the same pedal without a Loop connection according to Marshall. They both claim JCM800 sound.

guitarsmasher

Reaction score
Its September 12, and I ordered my 1960AX in March, and its still not here. Starting to lose hope that Marshall will get their shit together. So no I have aJCM800 that I can't do shit with, thanks to a company that has gone down the tubes.

myklomaniac

Reaction score
Its September 12, and I ordered my 1960AX in March, and its still not here. Starting to lose hope that Marshall will get their shit together. So no I have aJCM800 that I can't do shit with, thanks to a company that has gone down the tubes.
I feel your pain. I ordered a JVM410H, 1936, and a 1936V end of January 2024. Got the head and the 1936 within 2 weeks. Still waiting for the 1936V cab. Ontario, Canada.

ByrdmanFL

Reaction score
Just pick something up local that will get you by. There are many 412 used cabs on FB Marketplace for under $200 in my area. I picked up one about 6 months ago for $150. I plan to keep it until I decide which direction I want to go with the guys I'm playing with now, then I'll probably get rid of it.

You should be able to get your money back out of one for that price, IMO, even if you have to sell just the speakers and use the cab for firewood this winter.

Simonix

Reaction score
Here in UK.

The bricks and mortar shops around here have plenty of Marshall. From what I have seen recently. Same as Ukwebsites all state “within stock” for stuff I’ve been looking at.

Maybe this has more to do with import/export?

Tatzmann

Reaction score
:rofl:

But i heard that Art stopped the importing because he wanted to focus merely on the exporting. Or was it the other way around?

Either way, the OP got fooled again by Pennypecker.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Here in UK.

The bricks and mortar shops around here have plenty of Marshall. From what I have seen recently. Same as Ukwebsites all state “within stock” for stuff I’ve been looking at.

Maybe this has more to do with import/export?

I haven’t seen a new Marshall in a brick and mortar store around here in years. Even the nice guitar stores in Nashville don’t stock them.

Fosheti

Reaction score
I don't think it's a production issue since they're available in Europe. So they're being made. I think it's more about ironing out the new distribution channels here in the US, combined with the increased demand caused by the price cuts.

I think they made a bit of a mistake announcing the price cuts before the new distribution process had been fully established. New distribution process + increased demand is the perfect storm for delays. I'm sure it will normalize eventually.
It’s probably the value of the dollar. It’s been fluctuating quite a bit and is now dropping causing goods in Europe to be more expensive in the us due to the exchange rate.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
It’s probably the value of the dollar. It’s been fluctuating quite a bit and is now dropping causing goods in Europe to be more expensive in the us due to the exchange rate.
I doubt it...

1726330848087.png

I'd bet that distribution is the bigger obstacle. An £800 amp would cost $1,049.41 (US), if it was simply an exchange rate issue.

While some might complain, they'd either buy it, or not. If they want the amp, they'll plop down the cash. Before though, we were being charged $1800 for a $1,049.41 amp... I can see it being $1200, if you count in the import cost.

RLW59

Reaction score
Thomann in Germany is a huge web retailer. Like Sweetwater in the US.

They have every Marshall product in stock and have had no supply shortages.

From what I've read, only North America has been experiencing widespread unavailability and delays.

ThreeChordWonder

Reaction score
I doubt it...

View attachment 157435

I'd bet that distribution is the bigger obstacle. An £800 amp would cost $1,049.41 (US), if it was simply an exchange rate issue.

While some might complain, they'd either buy it, or not. If they want the amp, they'll plop down the cash. Before though, we were being charged $1800 for a $1,049.41 amp... I can see it being $1200, if you count in the import cost.
British made electronics, like hifi  and guitar amps are aubject to a 35% import tariff when brought into the US.

So the US prices are a combination of build cost, transportation across the Atlantic, import tariffs, distribution costs, retailer markup, etc., etc.

Also remember UK, and EU for that matter, prices are quoted  including VAT (sales tax). In the US, prices are quoted excluding sales tax, which can vary from state to state, even from county to county. And sometimes, if you buy online from out of your state, you can avoid sales tax all together.

myklomaniac

Reaction score
Canada has had a reciprocal free trade agreement with the UK since April 1, 2021.
I guess that explains it, it was signed on April Fools Day.
Can't make this stuff up.....
In theory, that should limit or eliminate many tariffs and other limits to back and forth commerce across the pond.
FWIW.

Latest posts