• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

what is most important

• Thread starter ricksdisconnected
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Whats more important?

• a good guitar w/cheap amp

• a good amp w/cheap guitar

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
tone=

Use-Starch-to-Prevent-Chapped-Hands-Intro.jpg

the amp & guitar don't matter! :)...

Chrome

Firebird Freak
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
the sauce is in the amp all the way. case in point, back a few years ago, I had taken quite the hiatus from music all together (15 years) the last I had played, I had a early 90's American Strat that played fantastic, but my budget was a Marshall valve state 2000, I couldn't get good sounds if I put a ring on its finger and gave it a winning lottery ticket. it just sucked, terribly. after the 15 year break, I went and bought a cheap cheap epi SG ( it was a garbage guitar to be honest) but I had wanted a JMP for years. I bought my first 76 JMP 50 watt Mark II (1987) and that combination screamed like a banshee, it was what I had been missing since I had hung it up. every since then, I got rid of the epi and now own 4 Gibson's: 2 firebirds, a Les Paul, and an Explorer and all is good in the world and have since bought a 78 204 and a 78 1959. it doesn't get much better.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
the sauce is in the amp all the way. case in point, back a few years ago, I had taken quite the hiatus from music all together (15 years) the last I had played, I had a early 90's American Strat that played fantastic, but my budget was a Marshall valve state 2000, I couldn't get good sounds if I put a ring on its finger and gave it a winning lottery ticket. it just sucked, terribly. after the 15 year break, I went and bought a cheap cheap epi SG ( it was a garbage guitar to be honest) but I had wanted a JMP for years. I bought my first 76 JMP 50 watt Mark II (1987) and that combination screamed like a banshee, it was what I had been missing since I had hung it up. every since then, I got rid of the epi and now own 4 Gibson's: 2 firebirds, a Les Paul, and an Explorer and all is good in the world and have since bought a 78 204 and a 78 1959. it doesn't get much better.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Sapient

 
Reaction score
but mama, that's where the fun is...

For sure! To be honest if I encounter bring light too long it's always fun to blink real fast after it. The weird inverse hyprogenophic neucluoursis physhocopy visual episodes are just the bomb!

(I made up 3 of those words, by the way. -Lol.)

:metal:

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
For sure! To be honest if I encounter bring light too long it's always fun to blink real fast after it. The weird inverse hyprogenophic neucluoursis physhocopy visual episodes are just the bomb!

(I made up 3 of those words, by the way. -Lol.)

:metal:
but did you see the silicone sister w/ the managing mister?

did they have silicone sisters back in the early '70s?

Sapient

 
Reaction score
but did you see the silicone sister w/ the managing mister?

did they have silicone sisters back in the early '70s?

Dude, I was managing mista - :naughty:

Actually, to be honest I don't think so. Didn't that start with body and facial plaster in '80s? :hmm:

zachman

Reaction score
You gotta bust my balls on technicalities.???
:)

Come on man!
If you got all that stuff you have to have some capabilities. Right? Maybe?

No! Having a bank account which can afford one the tools, doesn't also convey the ability to display talent or proficiency with those tools.

;)
:cheers:

end user

Reaction score
whats the most important to you if only one were posible to have?
stock gear people.

I picked a good amp with a cheap guitar. It is so much easier to make a cheap guitar a real player with minimal tech abilities than to try and mod a cheap amp into something much better.

mcblink

Reaction score
Do you ever gaze at the Sun?
I have been doing it more and more lately.

THEY tell you not to because you will go blind or something, like jerking off and such.
But I find it is a good thing.
Don't go lookin' for snakes
You might find them
Don't stick your eyes to the sun
You might blind them
Haven't I seen you here before?
No, there ain't no heroes
Here

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
Don't go lookin' for snakes
You might find them
Don't stick your eyes to the sun
You might blind them
Haven't I seen you here before?
No, there ain't no heroes
Here
A song called Slither about the DAMNED ONE talking to you and telling things of what is and what not to do.

I am sure a smart, a good person would not listen to that SERPENT (or HIS minions).

The song is a warning from someone with experience.

mcblink

Reaction score
Have your heroes disappeared?

Last edited:

DaDoc

Reaction score
Rancho Deluxe, Montana..3rd stone from the sun
If I couldn't have both a nice guitar and amp, then I would just opt out for a good acoustic guitar..Don't need an amp for that! :naughty:

But for the record, I was one of the minority who voted "guitar"..I want something playable, and there's always an amp sitting around..I remember sitting in at a jam session at a local club, and I had brought my Fender Deluxe..But the other guys wanted me to play through a freakin' Peavey combo a guy had brought just so the dude "Could hear how it sounded offstage." I was a good sport about it and went along, and thought the thing sounded like absolute crap, but I still got a lot of complements on my playing that night.

Thank goodness I had a good guitar with me..

Last edited: