What kind & gauge strings

• Thread starter Billy The Mtn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Billy The Mtn

Reaction score
I've been using DR high beams 9-42's on all my axes.
Seem to hold up for the amount of gigs I've been doing.
Probably get 2 or 3 gigs on a set before they loose their edge.

Hell_Tanner

Reaction score
I've tried DR's, Ernie Ball's but I always come back to my classics: Dean Markley's, they're the best imo.
Gauge-wise, I've went up as far as 54, I think. Nowadays, as I usually tune to Eb a set of 10-46 are way enough and comfortable. I don't like 'em bright, a bit dull actually so I don't change them very often. The EVH way I guess. :)

Guv'nor

Reaction score
- LesPaul: EB SuperSlinky 09/42
- Ibanez Jem: D'Addario EXL120 09/42
- Steinberger: D'Addario ESXL120 Steinberger™ Super Light 9/42
- The rest: whatever. EB Superslinky most of the times

I used to use Gibson BB King strings (10-13-17-32-45-54) but it sounded too bassy and went back to the 9/42s

Lennynero

Reaction score
D'Addario 11 to 49 on my Ibanez Radius and Ibanez Artcore, both tuned one half step down (E flat). Sexkontakte - Bei uns findet Ihr Sexkontakte zu Huren mit vielen wichtigen Fickanzeigen für den Spass zu zweit. Private Kontaktanzeigen aus Deiner Stadt und http://www.datewelt.info/sex-kontakte/

Last edited:

JZ06

Reaction score
usually ernie ball 9-42's.

the blue jackson is tuned to standard 440, the red charvie is .5 step down.

Adwex

Reaction score
Ernie Ball 10-46. I tried D'Addario recently, didn't like 'em, had trouble staying in tune.

coldsteal2

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dean Markley Blue Steel 9-42's they come already stretched

lpaholic59Don

Reaction score
Damn near run out of Dean Markley LTHB 10-52's on my Strat, Zakk Wyldes GHS Boomer Signatures 10-60 , 9s are too light, and nothin beats a good solid bottom :naughty::naughty:

Jimib

Reaction score
I started off in life using D'addario 10's moved up to 12's for a while and have now stuck with 11's in standard tuning, I get a lot nicer tone from my les paul with the heavier strings plus a bit more sustain, gorgeous

LJGriggs

Reaction score
SEG-VR10.jpg

Rocketman_85

Reaction score
For my Schecter Ultra III, I have to say I'm a fan of Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky's myself. :)

366655.jpg

djonesy59

Reaction score
I like using Ernie Ball Regular Slinkys for standard tuning, but I've been getting into an SRV-ish phase, so I do believe it's time for Power Slinkys tuned to Eb.

I used to hate Ernie Ball strings, but it was because they never stayed in tune on my old Les Paul. Then I got a Strat, and it was like a perfect match.

How are Dean Markleys? I've never tried them.

bobwl

Reaction score
I'm still currently working through this big box of D'addario Nickel Plated Steel 10-46's... but I don't know if I'll ever make it. I'm thinking about going back to EB Skinny Top/Heavy Bottoms on my S-1.

dasvox

Reaction score
GHS Boomers. Zakk Wylde heavy 11-70. Had to drill out the bottom peg on my M-II Delux Custom Shop to take the 70. Good thing I have a drill. And a Marshall!

bobwl

Reaction score
GHS Boomers. Zakk Wylde heavy 11-70. Had to drill out the bottom peg on my M-II Delux Custom Shop to take the 70. Good thing I have a drill. And a Marshall!

I used to use the Zakk Wylde Boomers (.10-.60) on my old mockingbird... luckally I didn't have to drill it fit barely. Those things were kinda insane, but were really cool to play in Drop B or in C with. Though they aren't Zakk Wylde Boomers anymore since Zakk Wylde is endorsing Dunlop strings... they are now "Heavy Weight" Boomers... same package, same font just without Zakk Wylde's name.

ZoomZilla

Reaction score
I just restrung my LP with some Beefy Slinky 11-54. I like them for drop d and drop c tuning. I want to try out some heavy bottom light top strings. See how those are.