What Music Are You Listening To Right Now ??

• Thread starter Red Solo Cup
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vinsanitizer

Motivational Speaker
VIP Member
Reaction score
"Close My Eyes" by Barfly. It's been stuck in my head for over 2 days now. Other than that, I haven't been able to get unaddicted to these two for a couple weeks now - for the genre, I'm not sure it gets any better:

^ Anyone here know what guitar Michael Sweet's playing?

Last edited:

XTRXTR

Reaction score
Beethoven's 9th you always hear the 4th or 5th movement.
I dare ya to write something this melodic, modal changes, and dynamics for each instrument. You think a 5 or 6 piece band is tough. Try Beethoven's 9th Symphony 3rd Movement - just give it 5 minutes and then remember he was completely deaf when he wrote it.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I saw this post for this, & dug my old one out, that I bought late '70s/early '80s...

this, appears that Rhino Records are releasing a replica of the Atlantic 7" single (in 2021), hence the apology for late/no release...

I haven't spun this in scores. Sounds pretty good, probably could use a good cleaning up. Bass response on this little disc is stunning through the tube pre-amp, into my monitors...

I remember. all through the '80s, my friends were jealous, that I was the only one that had an official release of Hey, Hey What Can I Do. Admittedly, it wasn't one of their better songs. When I was a little kid, I caught it on the radio & recorded it on cassette. When they played it, they played it back-to-back, tight w/ Since I've Been Lovin' You, so, I always thought it belonged w/ that, sort of like Livin' Lovin' Maid to Heartbreaker...

They should have did the new one as a 12" 45 & put Since I've Been Lovin' You on the B side, to these 2 on the A...

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
I saw this post for this, & dug my old one out, that I bought late '70s/early '80s...

this, appears that Rhino Records are releasing a replica of the Atlantic 7" single, hence the apology for late/no release...

I haven't spun this in scores. Sounds pretty good, probably could use a good cleaning up. Bass response on this little disc is stunning through the tube pre-amp, into my monitors...

I remember. all through the '80s, my friends were jealous, that I was the only one that had an official release of Hey, Hey What Can I Do. Admittedly, it wasn't one of their better songs. When I was a little kid, I caught it on the radio & recorded it on cassette. When they played it, they played it back-to-back, tight w/ Since I've Been Lovin' You, so, I always thought it belonged w/ that, sort of like Livin' Lovin' Maid to Heartbreaker...

They should have did the new one as a 12" 45 & put Since I've Been Lovin' You on the B side, to these 2 on the A...

Your's probably sounds 10 times better than the new ones will.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Your's probably sounds 10 times better than the new ones will.
funny though, how I always thought that, 7" 45's were not as good as sounding as a 12" 33rpm LP...

when I was a kid, anyway...

I have a bunch of Iron Maiden 12" 45rpm singles, of live tracks, that I collected, back, when my brother was hanging around w/ their road manager...

XTRXTR

Reaction score
I actually had this 45 single in my collection, it was given to me as a promo copy back in the early 80s. Had the drilled out hole off center. Some one stole it. I had it in a special container same as a few others.

Great song I've always loved it. That Plant crying scream near the end is just awesome.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I actually had this 45 single in my collection, it was given to me as a promo copy back in the early 80s. Had the drilled out hole off center. Some one stole it. I had it in a special container same as a few others.

Great song I've always loved it. That Plant crying scream near the end is just awesome.
I've had some stuff stolen as well. Pretty much sucks, especially, the stuff I had was irreplaceable...

1 I had was a David Gilmour live '84 on Betamax. It had the whole Hammersmith show:

in a lot better quality, plus, it also had 2 other shows, pretty complete, as it followed them on the tour, & showed the performances. Some cuts/edits, but, it showed, IIRC, 3 different shows cut up, but they overlapped.

I've never been able to find another copy.

I can get the initial Hammersmith Odeon recording, but, none of the extra, that was on the Betamax...

I also had a Pink Floyd bootleg (double LP) that mysteriously disappeared.

These were when I was in highschool, so, I had a bunch of partiers in/out all the time...

I don't even remember what the bootleg was. It was live in England, but, it was a rather good sounding concert recording. Sounded like it could have been an official recording. But, it disappeared...