What Strings

• Thread starter HAmmer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jack daniels

Reaction score
Back to strings... I played my D12 a little more today and I have to say I love the way Phosphor Bronze sounds vs. 80/20. I'm never buying 80/20 strings for a Martin again.

That's the general consensus by those in the know about PB's versus 80/20's

Hotrodd

Reaction score
I like 10-46. Whether they are Regular Slinkys, GHS, or D'addario, I don't really mind. Those are all great strings. But I usually get the Slinkys. The only strings I've ever hated were Dean Markley and the Ernie Ball M-Steel. Both of those strings were garbage. I bought a 10 pack of the Deans, so I had plenty of experience using them. They just broke too damn easily. Same with the M Steels, although I only bought 2 packs of those. Tried them, and they were junk. The Deans would break just installing them. I ran through that 10 pack quickly.

hellride

Reaction score
Pyramid, Alex Beyrodt Relentless virtuoso 009-048 for the electric
Pyramid, Silver plated Medium 011-047 for the acoustic
Pyramid, Black wires 040-126 for the bass (5-string set, I don't use the 040-string)

Biddlin

In Memorandum
Reaction score
The free D'Addario NYXL strings I put on two weeks ago and have played out several times as well as around the living room, still sound great. I think I'll pay the premium for the longevity over EBs.(Thanks, Don)
;>)/