Whats a JMP Mk II worth??

• Thread starter Capel
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Capel

Reaction score
Got a good customer that has brought in a few of his old Marshall to sell: a 6100 head (straight into my personal collection, don't tell the missus... especially coz the 1st time she'll see it will be on her birthday this saturday night), a JMP-1 preamp in immaculate condition, & a JMP MkII as per the photos below...

Any idea what the JMP would be worth considering its condition & the hole drilled into the front panel, plenty of dings, nichs & tears in the tolex, surface corrosion on the transformers & chassis, & a nice little whistling noise (wavering between middle C & the D above) plus intermittant bursts of static (not loud but enough to notice)??

Also what are JMP pre's changing hands for these days??

Attachments

• Mk II 01.jpg
    Mk II 01.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Mk II 02.jpg
    Mk II 02.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 36
  • Mk II 03.jpg
    Mk II 03.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Mk II 04.jpg
    Mk II 04.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Mk II 05.jpg
    Mk II 05.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 30

spiritdave

Reaction score
I paid £590 for my JMP 2104 MkII combo. I dunno what it's worth financially but that was for me, a fixed figure on priceless tone. This amp is worth more to me than money.

keennay

Reaction score
$1,500 USD a good price for a clean 2203 (stock with EL-34's) with replaced filter caps?

shredless

Reaction score
seems fishy, you own a music store, but are inquiring here about value?

I mean if you want to show off gear, by all means...we like to look

Capel

Reaction score

Ummm - because I generally deal in NEW stuff... & being in a fairly isolated part of the world it's not like eBay & our equivalent of Craigslist are overflowing with old amps to get an idea of a benchmark from!

zenfly

Reaction score
Ummm - because I generally deal in NEW stuff... & being in a fairly isolated part of the world it's not like eBay & our equivalent of Craigslist are overflowing with old amps to get an idea of a benchmark from!

I think these are few and far between showing up at most music stores and this is a good place to ask.. If I want to get an idea of value of anything I look at ebay past sold / past auctions..

charveldan

Reaction score
Somewhere with a Friedman Marshall & Les Paul.
Cleen it up real nice and ask for $1400, you can always come down.
Looks like you need a plug for the mains selector.

Capel

Reaction score
Cleen it up real nice and ask for $1400, you can always come down.
Looks like you need a plug for the mains selector.

Dunno what's going on there, but it's running fine on 240V so I might leave that alone (no exposed wires or anything unsafe, just looks like someone took to it badly with a screwdriver).

What's a JMP-1 rack pre worth in your part of the world??

keennay

Reaction score

Nothing wrong with that at all.

WOW!! The only one I could find on eBay etc in Oz the seller wanted $1900 (explains why he hadn't sold it)!!

Cheers Dan!!!

It's worth whatever the buyer's willing to pay. Business is business.