What's your favorite Marshall COMBO amp?

• Thread starter jvm210guy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jvm210guy

Reaction score
I really Love the Class 5. It packs quite a punch for such a small simple amp. I just love it. I wouldn't say it's my favorite though. My favorite Marshall combo amp right NOW has to be the DSL401.

It does everything I need an amp to do. I use just the OD1 setting with the master at around 8, and the volume gets set to taste depending on the situation (during rehearsal the volume is at 3). I keep the gain very low at around 3, I get my cleans with the guitar volume.

I really enjoyed playing on a Marshall Bluesbreaker and I'm working on getting one, but ya right now the DSL401 is my favorite Marshall combo amp.

What's your favorite Marshall combo amp....?

EndGame00

Reaction score
I've only owned one Marshall amp... so it's my DSL15C.... I have this love/hate relationship with it... EQ fiddling never ends.

Nudge68

Reaction score
Only owned two - an '86 50 Split Channel Reverb and a '00 TSL 602.

The Spilt was a tranny and I got great tones out of it with a EQ in front. The 602 was markedly improved by swapping out the stock Wolverines for G12T-70s.

Cheers,

Matt.

JohnH

Reaction score
I'll +1 the dsl401.

We had a great jam with band last night, me with dsl and strat. On 'who fears the reaper' i used the clean channel, crunched a bit, for the main riff with bridge pickup. A bit of chorus in the loop for some 80s Byran Adams. Up to OD1for Thin Lizzy 'the boys are back in town'. Clean channel with overdrive pedal got me some tone for Neil Youngs 'Like a Hurricane'.

All good and i only had it up to 5

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
It's a tossup between the VM2266C & the 1974x ... both have their advantages / disadvantages, so I can't really make a call as to a favorite. If I had a gun to my head, I'd probably go w/the 1974x, but I'd be sure to get the extension cabinet for it if I had one again, as I don't think it cuts it on it's own.

PSH

Reaction score
I'll go with the 4203 Artist (because I have one). 2 channels, reverb, loop, line out, EL34 power section, Vintage30 stock speaker. Versatile, loud, tons of tones from clean to metal.

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I have to say I love my 50W JCM 900 Mk3, 1 x 12 (2201).

Very tiny box, very good sound.
Not particularly versatile I suppose: doesn't do clean+loud without help.

Latest posts