What's Your Go To Amp At Home

• Thread starter jchrisf
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JohnH

Reaction score
My VM combo is my go-to for all purposes. I play it how it sounds best to me, in LDR mode with volume about 5.5, with Hardwire CM2 overdrive, attenuated usually by about -20db if others are at home.

Kinkless Tetrode

Reaction score
Usually the JMD:1 for any volume playing at home. I have never tried it with head phones or through monitors.

If a Vintage 30 cab is handy, then I love playing through the Mini Jubilee on 5 watts.

The big amps don't get played as much at home although I can, and usually do, get loud without bothering the neighbors or family.

I don't use pedals hardly at all.

jchrisf

Reaction score
My VM combo is my go-to for all purposes. I play it how it sounds best to me, in LDR mode with volume about 5.5, with Hardwire CM2 overdrive, attenuated usually by about -20db if others are at home.

I've seen a few posts here for the VM.. What does it sound like compared to a plexi or JCM800?

Rickrevs

Reaction score
As i live in a close residential area i leave my valve amps to rehearsal and gigs...at home its through guitar rig 5 on my pc with headphones...great for jamming and learning covers and a lot more convenient tbh... i have my guitar next to me on a stand double click and go.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you gig regularly Mitch?
Not in quite some time brother, but when my grandson jumps on the skins, it’s gig worthy volume that in this day and age would most likely get me thrown out of the venue, lol but it is pretty much the same volume we used to play at in the early 80’s and then again in the early 90’s! Cheers Mitch

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
The grandson and I generally play nice and loud on Saturday’s, sometimes it’s got a gig feel to it because of his buddies and their friends that tend to show up! Cheers Mitch

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not in quite some time brother, but when my grandson jumps on the skins, it’s gig worthy volume that in this day and age would most likely get me thrown out of the venue, lol but it is pretty much the same volume we used to play at in the early 80’s and then again in the early 90’s! Cheers Mitch

I’ve watched some of your videos with you grandson on the drums. I think that’s great...that grandpa and grandson have that kind of special time together! :thumb:

Is he in a band?

JLBIII

Reaction score
My house is a twin with bitchy neighbors, so Fender Vibro Champ XD.
Keep some gear at my mother's house so it's either a Lead 12 stack or 2204 into a 1936 cab.
At my friend's house where we jam and I can go anytime, JVM 205H into two Marshall 4x12" cabs.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve watched some of your videos with you grandson on the drums. I think that’s great...that grandpa and grandson have that kind of special time together! :thumb:

Is he in a band?
He and a group of buddies are working on a couple of projects, he (my grandson is a guitarist first and drummer second) and oh hell yea it is very cool for him and I to jam on a bunch of my tunes! Cheers Mitch

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Get yourselves a bass player and a cheap PA system w/ mics and throw your chops. Life is short and getting shorter, lol.

:jam:
I have been actively looking for a bassist since we got the 40c’s, and I have 3 on the hook, just getting them out here is the issue, but I am sure that the new year is going to get some results, I shall keep my fingers crossed! Cheers Mitch

Latest posts