What's Your Go To Amp At Home

• Thread starter jchrisf
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xWILZTAx

Reaction score
Just bought myself a dsl1hr. Running it through my 2266c vintage modern combo with 1 speaker disconnected as its 16ohms only

I bought it with all the reviews saying great for bedroom volumes and not disturbing the neighbours. Currently running it on 0.1 watts and its certainly enough to annoy the neighbours.

Sounds great cranked though, similar to a jcm900 or a jcm2000. Red channel great for 90s punk rock and clean channel breaks up nicely and takes pedals well.

All the youtube demos said it is really bright and doesnt take pedals well, which isnt true at all. Maybe its the g12c 25 greenback, whatever it is this is a fantastic little amp.

purpleplexi

Reaction score
A faithful 50 W Plexi clone. Wild horses wouldn't drag me away from it. The wife would though. She actually does time from time :) .

Same here. Sounds good enough to me at a volume that can barely be heard in the next room using the ppiv and my Thorpy gunshot.

Yes and I get dragged away too.....

jchrisf

Reaction score
My peavey vypyr 15 cuz it’s always plugged in. If my JMD is hooked up I’ll play that. I just never hook it back up after a gig.

I recently got my Peavey VIP 2 out and I don't remember it sounding so good. It can do a pretty good Marshall tone and a really good Peavey tone. Sounds huge too.

Ransom

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love my 2004-ish Gibson GA-5. Whatever voodoo Gibson (or Mojotone, who I believe built it for them) employed in making this dinky amp, it's pure magic. It brings out every nuance of each guitar, pickup, pickup selector setting, etc. This link is just to show what it looks like - they're long gone by now from dealers but the reviews are pretty accurate on this page too: https://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/gibson-goldtone-les-paul-jr-amp

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I can see it when clicking the link. Sorry, I didn't even see that post of yours, lol. :rolleyes:

But yeah, if you want to post images in here, the easiest way is probably what I posted for you.
Another forum member told me about post images.org and my grandson set up my account and that was how I settled my photo dilemma! Cheers Mitch

Coronado

Reaction score
I need to re-tube my 2203, so I've been turning to either the Rectifier or Mesa RA100. All into an old Marshall 1960a w/ 30's (and a Rock Crusher).

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
Depends what's stacked in front. Usually the 6101 is jn back. The little Yamaha THR10x mostly because it's easy. The odd time I really want to play at home, the 2525 Mini J is easy and popular. And the 4010.

I'm a big fan of the Yamaha stuff. I didn't know which version to get of the THR though. It seems like all three had some great amps available on them.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the Yamaha stuff. I didn't know which version to get of the THR though. It seems like all three had some great amps available on them.
The x has the most distortion voices available so for me it was a no brainer. It is fun. If it had a proper speaker out and was footswitchable it would almost be a decent little band practice amp for the one group with the lame drummer.
Likely if I left the 6101 in front, it would get the most use as it's easy to get so much variety and all my amps have covers meanjng the larger ones are covered underneath other amps. Pain to get at.