What's Your Go To Amp At Home

• Thread starter jchrisf
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gutch220

Reaction score
Or other people messing with it that don’t know what their doing? When my buddy house/dog sits for us, I put the main power cords for my tube driven amps in a drawer because he’s just learning to play, and I don’t want him messing with them. I’ve got a Line 6 AMPLIFi 75 he can use.
When I think of churches, I think of all different kinds of groups coming and going all days of the week.

jchrisf

Reaction score
I used to work at a High School and they had church services in the auditorium every Sunday. I didn't realize the school rented it out because they always packed up everything and hauled it all off after services. During the summer they got lazy and just left their gear setup because there was no school. I came in there one day and there was an amp I had been wanting to try out (can't remember what it was) all plugged in and ready to go with a shiny new Strat connected to it. Me being the professional kind of guy I am I didn't touch it but wanted too... not sure if anyone else did. I was all by myself in that part of the school. Could have cranked it loud and no one would have heard.

Blackeyes

Reaction score
Mines either my Fortin modded Cali++JMP or a Todd Langner modded Marshall, I seem to go to those 2 most of the time, the Fortin JMP is better more for heavy rhythm work, and the Langner JCM800 has the best lead tone Ive ever heard. I have a Friedman modded kitchen sink Plexi and its great, but it usually takes a back seat to those 2.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
And the amp is in plain sight, or in an unlocked room just asking for something to happen! (At least in the church I used to attend) :h5:
I had a pristine TSL 100 ½ stack stolen from a church. They had an equipment lock up closet, but...

The wedding coordinator also locked her stuff in there. During a wedding, she rolled my amp out (to get something) & it was sitting in the foyer when people started coming/going...

Never saw it again. Insurance covered it though, so it worked out for me. They paid the full amount new that I paid for it.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a pristine TSL 100 ½ stack stolen from a church. They had an equipment lock up closet, but...

The wedding coordinator also locked her stuff in there. During a wedding, she rolled my amp out (to get something) & it was sitting in the foyer when people started coming/going...

Never saw it again. Insurance covered it though, so it worked out for me. They paid the full amount new that I paid for it.
My brother you are quite lucky, my dealings with insurance company’s is not so good

Len

Reaction score
A Blackstar HT-20. Sounds good at low volumes, but a little boxy at high volumes. Looking to maybe change to a DSL20H.