When Did Hendrix Switch To Silicon?

• Thread starter Crawford354
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crawford354

Reaction score
I love a lot of the posthumous releases like first rays of the new rising sun, valleys of neptune, South southern delta, that have been released. They may be somewhat incomplete but they're similar to electric lady land in that they experiment a lot. (IE Jimi using horns in a few songs).

Crawford354

Reaction score
Does anyone here think jimi was murdered? I don't really, but I read an article that talked about how the amount of wine found on him was too much, his hair was soaked to the point where it looked like someone had forced him to drink most of the bottle.

dexter74

Reaction score
Does anyone here think jimi was murdered? I don't really, but I read an article that talked about how the amount of wine found on him was too much, his hair was soaked to the point where it looked like someone had forced him to drink most of the bottle.

A guy named R. Gary Patterson has written some books about this and other rock star deaths. The allegation is Jimi's new UK manager (Michael Jeffrey) was involved, since Jimi was going to leave him and do this own thing, and the guy had invested a lot of cash in the Electric Ladyland studios. Basically, an insurance thing. Apparently, at least according to the story, the guy was former MI6 British intelligence, and he mysteriously was killed in a plane crash but his body never found. Also, a couple of Hendrix's girlfriends died from suicides soon after as well. Conspiracy theory or not? Who knows?

slide222

Reaction score

his lungs were full of wine -that can not happen unless its poured down you. I really don't believe he died from a drugs overdose , and I believe he was in a good place mentally
.....his manager mike Jefferies was an evil money grabbing bastard and was involved he was not keen on the band of the gypies and wanted jimi to continue with the experience cause it was a money spinner, and jimi was taking Jefferies to court for loss of earnings, so there was a lot of friction -jimi wanted out as far as Jefferies was concerned.
....mike Jefferies once staged a kidnapping and jimi was held for a few days and then miraclessy, he took the credit for finding him and was a hero , jimi suspected mike set the whole thing up to show how jimi needed him and to show he was irreplaceable
.......after a few band of the gypies gigs to which mike never wanted jimi to do -mike gave jimi 2 tabs just before a band of the gyspies gig knowing it would **** jimi up for the gig , and that ended the band of the gypsies, just what mike Jefferies wanted , buddy miles saw this and said to Jefferies "you got wanted didn't you mike "
....but Jefferies got his up and commence, he was killed in a plane crash in 1973

Crawford354

Reaction score
well I would like one of those wahs - can they be brought in the uk

They're located in Amsterdam, so yeah they can. It's actually cheaper due to shipping to buy it there than in the U.S. The price in pounds in on their website.

Crawford354

Reaction score
his lungs were full of wine -that can not happen unless its poured down you. I really don't believe he died from a drugs overdose , and I believe he was in a good place mentally
.....his manager mike Jefferies was an evil money grabbing bastard and was involved he was not keen on the band of the gypies and wanted jimi to continue with the experience cause it was a money spinner, and jimi was taking Jefferies to court for loss of earnings, so there was a lot of friction -jimi wanted out as far as Jefferies was concerned.
....mike Jefferies once staged a kidnapping and jimi was held for a few days and then miraclessy, he took the credit for finding him and was a hero , jimi suspected mike set the whole thing up to show how jimi needed him and to show he was irreplaceable
.......after a few band of the gypies gigs to which mike never wanted jimi to do -mike gave jimi 2 tabs just before a band of the gyspies gig knowing it would **** jimi up for the gig , and that ended the band of the gypsies, just what mike Jefferies wanted , buddy miles saw this and said to Jefferies "you got wanted didn't you mike "
....but Jefferies got his up and commence, he was killed in a plane crash in 1973

Interesting, I knew the last Band of gypsy's show was cut short due to drugs after a few songs, but I didn't know why.

slide222

Reaction score
I pretty much learnt to play guitar jamming along to the live at fillmore band of gypsy's album - it was a new sound , bringing in a funky jazzy rock feel that shook my bones to the core , and it was deep in my soul . with out a doubt my favourite Hendrix album .
..........the owner of fillmore even said to buddy miles "can you see what your creating here -refereeing to the feel, the aura the vibe that was flying around - it was almost scary, but magical , and we lost out big time .
...with out a doubt jimi was heading some where very special musically and we never got to hear it - 18,9,1970 was the day the music died -never to be again - I always think of jimi on that day -he taught me to how play guitar

yladrd61

Reaction score
Yeah they need to release a set with all the shows, not just the six song CD.

Have you heard the Live at the Fillmore East (1999) it has a many of the songs from the other sets ....including two other takes of Machine Gun ? Yes I wish they would release the complete Concert Recordings...

PMF

Reaction score
I know I'll get crap for this, but JH's tone was never that stellar. Leslie West, Johnny Winter, Billy Gibbons, etc all had much better tone.....at least on recordings. Let the hate begin....

I always loved him, but he DID use nines (or thinner) strings, which I think sound shit. I use 11's at conventional tuning, despite being bend-happy, just for that reason. Not crazy about Strats either, and Jimi was even moving away from them near his last bit of time on this channel. Santana was another lover of trying to play on fine hairs..

Metroman

Reaction score
Hendrix used 10-38s. And Sometimes used a .009. In the Studio. Sometimes.

Duane Allman used the same set. 10-38

Danny Gatton used the same E B G strings, and then used a Regular Light Gauge on top.

Ive used 10-38 since 71.