where should I buy tubes?

• Thread starter dexter74
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dexter74

Reaction score
Want to buy some new tubes. Anyone have suggestions on best reputable dealer on line that has reasonable prices?

zenfly

Reaction score
Marty turned me on to this guy.. I bought some good NOS EL34 from him.. I've also tried some of the new production tubes he sells and agree with the choices.. His prices and service are excellent.. He builds amps and sometimes doesn't answer emails as fast as some but be patient,,He's worth it..

bmsanborn | eBay

http://www.sanbornamplification.com/

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

GIBSON67

Reaction score
I've had no problems buying preamp tubes on EBAY, as long as you're not going for Telefunkins(which are faked), then you can find cheap OS tubes all the time. I just scored a pair of NOS EI smoothplates for cheap.

RiverRatt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Marty turned me on to this guy.. I bought some good NOS EL34 from him.. I've also tried some of the new production tubes he sells and agree with the choices.. His prices and service are excellent.. He builds amps and sometimes doesn't answer emails as fast as some but be patient,,He's worth it..

bmsanborn | eBay

Sanborn Amplification

This! I think I was the one who turned Marty on to him. He will treat you right. Another good source on eBay is greengirl613. Her prices are are low retail but they will be good tubes. Bottom line: don't buy tubes from sellers on eBay who don't offer refunds or exchanges. You can occasionally score a deal on the cheap tubes but it's still a gamble.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

bolt22

Reaction score
Actually, as mentioned, TubeDepot, TubesandMore, also Musician's Friend has probably the best prices on tubes as well!!

RiverRatt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Tube Depot and The Tube Store aren't bad if you need something quick but you'll pay retail prices which can sometimes be as much as 2x the price from eBay sellers.

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
I go through Musicians friend if i want tung sol or RUBY's (and they absolutely replace them hassle free if they send a dud set) for NOS i suggest Martystrat54 and for JJ's i still go through Bob at Eurotubes. He's been very standup with me and has always sent me good tubes at great prices.

Ghostman

Reaction score
Amplified Parts for me. I'd like to get some from Marty but my budget doesn't support NOS tubes.

I've purchased about 4 sets of tubes from Amplifiedparts.com and they have been excellent service

trenchcoat

Reaction score
I'll stick with Mesa tubes. I like STR 440's in RED!

As a matter of fact, I'm picking up a quad in the morning, maybe two RED Quads if they have them.

Neil S

Reaction score
Tube depot for new production tubes may be OK but stay away from the (Should of been stomped on years ago) NOS crap they sell. If you do buy from them use Paypal because if there is a problem they will ignore your emails and want to keep your cash after you send the tubes back for a refund. That was my experience anyway.

50WPLEXI

Reaction score
It really all depends on what your looking for. Here's a list of dealers that I've been using for quite some time.

KCA/NOS - KCA NOS Tubes. Audio tubes for guitar amplifiers and audiophile equipment. 12AX7, 6L6GC, 12ay7, el34, el84, Fender amplifier,5AR4, 5U4GB, cv4004, 6SN7, 8417, 7027, gz34, Mullard, EF86, 6ca7, 6bq5, 7025, 12at7 | kcanostubes.com | Mike K. is a straight shooter that deals in NOS/ANOS/new production stuff.

Doug's Tubes - Vacuum Tubes For Guitar Amps and Hifi Audio | Dougstubes.com He deals in mostly new production tubes, I've always had great dealings with Doug.

Tube Store - www.thetubestore.com - Your online source for amplifier tubes! Once again mostly new production stuff, some NOS but very expensive.

Tube Depot - Welcome to TubeDepot.com! Once again mostly new production stuff, some NOS but very expensive.

If NOS is your thing, Mike at KCA is the man. Very easy to deal with.