Which amp would you keep?

• Thread starter bad565ss
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zilthy

Reaction score
Different from financial perspective, I would keep the one that motivates me to play. You know, the one that even though you play and practice every day, you might walk by it and it says "plug me in..."

It's the difference between having a tool you use and a friend that encourages and supports you. *shrug* Just how I approach things. I know I am a little weird though, so oh well.

malice95

Reaction score
Sell the clone. You can easily replace it. Tons of Plexi clones out there. Maybe sell it to a friend or forum member who might sell it back to you later? Pedals you can sell? Maybe a decent spare guitar or two for the chopping block? Look at your gear honestly and say what cant I gig without. 1 guitar, 1 amp, 1 cab you love. Any hobbies you can monetize? Like amp modding/repair? Good Luck, been there. It gets better.

EndGame00

Reaction score
Depends how much on a deep end you are in financially.... I would probably sell the 2203 due to its higher market value than the RR 68 clone... A clean and bonestock Marshall would rake in serious cash...

That’s just my 01..

Sg-ocaster

Reaction score
Neither....gather up all ur unused guitar crap ( pickups pedals parts even those cheap guitars that collect dust....it all adds up)and eBay it first and see how far you get money wise.
I meant don't sell neither

Last edited:

shredless

Reaction score
He said the 800 was well road worn bringing the typical resale value down. I like wear but the money bags usually dont pay for it unless its fake and on a guitar...do they still do that?

PaulHikeS2

Reaction score
You say you gig with both. I say keep the one that's most useful/versatile when gigging. When times get tough, you hold on to the things you need most. :2c:

ampeq

Reaction score
Find another way, if possible (2nd job...). Selling things you don't want to sell is just a band-aid, until you run out of things to sell.
This is very true. I don't sell things because I'm broke, what are you going to get $1000? That will not make or break you and IS only a band aid. The money will be gone before the smell of the tubes burning dies down. If I sell something it's because I don't really want / need it, I work hard for my money and I want my toy's. I hope you can find another way my friend, nobody should have to give up a toy for bills.

Andy Wiggins

Reaction score
Had to sell my 1987 jubilee 2555 head due to financial hardship back in 2009!
Still regret it now
At least I managed to get hold of a Satriani head for a bargain price recently, I will NEVER sell this one, It more than fills the void!

Snoopy69

Reaction score
Sell the Marshall. It's old and beaten up. The Clone is better made anyway.

DC135er

Reaction score
It sucks to be saying this but it looks like I'm going to be forced due to finances to sell a amp.
If you had to choose which would you sell and why?
1) 1981 Marshall JCM 800 2203
Road Warrior with lots of cosmetic issues but
sounds awesome.
2) Rockitt Retro RR50 '68 JMP clone.
Very good condition and also sounds awesome.

I gig both of these amps regularly so this decision
is giving me some trouble.
That decision is totally up to you.