which the worst marshall?

• Thread starter fendrix_81
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MKB

Reaction score
THIS is the worst Marshall...

marshall_amp_fridge.jpg
Yes indeed. I hate Budweiser. But put in some PBR or a nice British brew (Newcastle comes to mind) and the "tone" improves considerably.

Bad Marshalls?? Very few IME. The 9001 preamp has some lame sounds in it, and its speaker emulated out is one of the worst waste of electronics in history. I also had a bad experience with a MG 100W head through an Orange cab with Vintage 30's wired to 4 ohms. It was BAD, like a flock of gnats with chainsaws flew into your ears and attacked your eardrums.

Most every other one has been very nice to great, but you have to run them all as loud as possible. Some Marshalls sound very bad at extremely low volumes, but crank the same amp and it sings sweetly.

Ken

Reaction score
Can agree with most of the rest except that. LOL!!!

I'm not saying Mesa players are bad guitarists; just that a bad guitarist - especially a bad metal guitarist - will sound better through a Mesa than a Marshall.

I only played a Triple Rec once and I LOVED it because I could just fly and not worry about it. You do sacrifice nuance IMHO, but lots of people don't have any subtlies to their playing anyway.

Ken

dannylerch

Reaction score
I love my JCM2000. Super versatile, plenty loud, great mid tone. You can play anything from surf rock, blues, to crossover thrash metal. I found that it loves Mids just like any marshall.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm not saying Mesa players are bad guitarists; just that a bad guitarist - especially a bad metal guitarist - will sound better through a Mesa than a Marshall.

I only played a Triple Rec once and I LOVED it because I could just fly and not worry about it. You do sacrifice nuance IMHO, but lots of people don't have any subtlies to their playing anyway.

Ken

Have you played through a Mark series? People seem to forget that the Rectos aren't Mesa's only offering.

KH Guitar Freak

Reaction score

Ken

We will just have to agree to disagree... :thumb:

Roadburn

Reaction score
Worst Marshall is the white tolexed 1959 RR.
This half stack has been in my local store for as long as I know that store (5 years).
€1500... No one wants it. Even the SL-X they had has left the building.

Just kidding yo, keeping it real and shizzle...

KH Guitar Freak

Reaction score
Worst Marshall is the white tolexed 1959 RR.
This half stack has been in my local store for as long as I know that store (5 years).
€1500... No one wants it. Even the SL-X they had has left the building.

Just kidding yo, keeping it real and shizzle...

Not many people own a farm to crank that sucker... :lol:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Its quite the opposite. People say the Rec is dark, fat, and gainy, while the Marks are bright, tight, and articulate.