which the worst marshall?

• Thread starter fendrix_81
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dreyn77

Reaction score
Try not to attack people for their choice! I can't believe those little marshall amps are still $79 bucks!?! I saw one guy busking with this little amp and everybody walked passed and laughed at the amp! at the very least it's a good conversation starter! Enjoy the amp you have got! (one watters included) I'm going to say the 1959RR, yep that's right that thing SuCKs! I play like crap and that thing tells the whole street I'm really shxx at playing guitar. It blew 2 speakers at once, a power valve, it was making music when it was turned off, I had to take it back and the shop took it for a month and it caused them to lie to me and now they don't stock marshall amps. It taugh me I'm an uneducated 'moreon'. But the women love it! so I kept it. It's good looks hide the beast within, It looks so sweet and innocent!

SuperBeaver

Reaction score
I'm going to say the 1959RR, yep that's right that thing SuCKs! I play like crap and that thing tells the whole street I'm really shxx at playing guitar.

Imagine if you played well. It would likely tell the whole street how good you are :naughty:

I said it before and it has been said to me since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Marshalls, especially old Marshalls (which the Randy is based on) are big boys tools, not to played by young punks who's idea of great tone is the Dual Rectum setting on their Line 6 Spider.

Go back to the Vally man. Lock yourself away and learn to play properly then come back and tell me the Randy sucks. :thumb:

dreyn77

Reaction score
hahaha you're absolutely right, yep Big Boys toys! and shame on me! I've been locking myself away and practicing my fingers are so tired! but I won't sell it. I've seen a 1959rr half stack for sale in the shops recently (probibly still there) so someone else as given up. shame on them! even the 'soundcheck' on Utube randy did was great!

Blokkadeleider

Reaction score
I have never heard a bad marshall. Only badly dialed in Marshalls.
User error, can't play and stuff like that.

Except for the 1967 Black Flags.
They are absolute crap!
If you have one, I'll be more than happy to take the problem away from you and I'll even pay €50,- for it... :lol::lol::lol:

Gr,

Gerrit.

Blokkadeleider

Reaction score
Yeah... well.
If only they occassionally popped up in these parts but I've never seen one apart from my own outside of the internet.

Oh, and I still do not believe that bad Marshalls exist!
It's just that not every Marshall is made for everyone.

Gr,

Gerrit.

bvoris

Reaction score
Worst sounding tone-wise: Toss up between MS-2 (sounds a hell of a lot better with the Boss Power Stack) and MG100HDFX (nothing helps tone on this one it sounds like a dieing cat).

Most problematic: Valvestate VS65R poor solder jobs, parts not wired/soldered properly or at all from factory and I need to replace the tranny...

I can't say what would be the worst Marshall these are just my personal experiences.

Purgasound

Rocker, Roller
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
JCM2000's....

I just want to say I really hate the term "dialed in" or "dialing it in".

Capel

Reaction score
The 2061X - too many knobs!!!

Seriously though - I'm liking my MS-2 a hell of a lot.... for re-amping when I'm recording!! Run a guitar, bass, snare or even vocal back thru it (record out of the headphone socket) & it adds a shitload of grit that'll make a track pop trhu a mix (with judicious use of the fader - you want the effect not the sound of the amp!)

Rahlstin

Reaction score
I had a SS mosfet 100 amp head and matching top n bottom cabs. Was terrible. I was so glad to move into tube products.

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
THIS is the worst Marshall...

marshall_amp_fridge.jpg