White Marshall JCM 800 50 watt Lead

• Thread starter eedgarazz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Neville

Reaction score
The 20th Anniversary amps should have the letters "AS" in the serial number. And - obviously - they should be made in 1982.
Btw, I have the same amp as you, same colour, build in 1983 and it is great. I would never sell it, lol. Circuit is a little weird though, I would love a refined reissue of that amp. I mean, come on, it's the Schenker amp! Also, at least later models, it's the sound of Rage against the machine.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
The 20th Anniversary amps should have the letters "AS" in the serial number. And - obviously - they should be made in 1982.
Btw, I have the same amp as you, same colour, build in 1983 and it is great. I would never sell it, lol. Circuit is a little weird though, I would love a refined reissue of that amp. I mean, come on, it's the Schenker amp! Also, at least later models, it's the sound of Rage against the machine.
OPs is S so a white 1984. Not Anniversary.

Plexitim

Reaction score
Respectfully disagree on the 20th Anniversary series. It is true the 'AS' was used as a serial number prefix on all 20th Anniversary Marshalls. However production continued into early 1983. For those produced in 1983 the chassis sticker date and ink stampings indicate 1983 production. There was also an extra '1' in the stamped head serial number for 1983 produced Anniversaries that the 1982s did not have. Different color serial number plate on the back of the cabs for '83 as well.

Neville

Reaction score
Respectfully disagree on the 20th Anniversary series. It is true the 'AS' was used as a serial number prefix on all 20th Anniversary Marshalls. However production continued into early 1983. For those produced in 1983 the chassis sticker date and ink stampings indicate 1983 production. There was also an extra '1' in the stamped head serial number for 1983 produced Anniversaries that the 1982s did not have. Different color serial number plate on the back of the cabs for '83 as well.
Thank you, I didn't know that. You have one of those? The 20th anniversary amps are pretty rare by now.

Plexitim

Reaction score
The serial number picture was of one I owned. It was part of a matched pair of 20th Anniversary white half stacks that my daughter grew up with. She became a tremendous guitar player and I gave them to her when she moved out. You are right these are getting hard to find. I'm looking to locate another matched pair now.

Neville

Reaction score
The serial number picture was of one I owned. It was part of a matched pair of 20th Anniversary white half stacks that my daughter grew up with. She became a tremendous guitar player and I gave them to her when she moved out. You are right these are getting hard to find. I'm looking to locate another matched pair now.
That's a great story. Hope you find another one.

Latest posts