Wireless systems: Nady or Samson?

• Thread starter LEOVAN83
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dash8311

Reaction score
Damn, I bought the Line 6 G50 like 2 days ago. That Sony looks great, but THIS is what I think will be the next level... the receiver is a tuner, and it's all rechargable, from Shure.

Shure GLX-D Digital Wireless System (Guitar Pedal System) | Sweetwater.com

We can both agree that this looks like the next level, or at least the next level of features that Shure has developed. I really like the built-in tuner idea, TA4F that screw-locks on to the body of the transmitter, a great looking quality cable, and rechargeable batteries.

Two small issues I see, in comparison to the G50, is the receiver doesn't have two outputs (for two amps, like we discussed earlier) and the transmitter has a very small and delicate looking switch. You'll see your heavy duty slider switches on the G50 when it arrives for your own comparison.

LEOVAN83

Reaction score
I am about to order the Line 6 "official" right-angle cable... are there any other quick options (other than the Shure cable) available?

Frankie

Reaction score
If you want to trust a Sony go for it. Sony isn't really known for their music instruments or accessories. They also make shitty mid-grade electronics.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
That's cute. He's 5'2 and has pretty small feet.

I'm 5'7 - 5'8, am clumsy, have big feet, and would most likely trip on my cable. :wow:

Hell, even he saw the light and switched to wireless. ;)

Be careful you don't step on any other cables w/those big feet of yours :naughty:

Fe911

Reaction score
I bought a used g50 for 175 about a year ago. I wasn't planning on it, but when I tried it, I was really shocked at how well it worked. Ive tried wireless units before, but they really never did anything for me. But the technology has really come around on these things. I was thinking about the g30, but then came across this one used. And they aren't that rugged. I dropped it and broke the cord locking button on the transmitter. It comes loose pretty easy, need to get that fixed. Pretty impressive unit...

Frankie

Reaction score
When it comes to the Line 6 wireless units, it's basically required that you not be lazy and unhook the cord from the transmitter before storing it. I used to store mine with the cable plugged in and without fail I'd break the 1/8" jack on the transmitter after not too long. Now I take the 5 seconds to remove the wire and the thing works perfect all the time.

LEOVAN83

Reaction score
Guys, quick help needed. I have these 2 options, which one do you think is better:

1st one: Original "Line 6" cable, made with Mogami cable, but the connectors look like sh*t...

Line 6 Relay G50/G90 Wireless System Premium Guitar Cable

2nd one: Custom made from some dude in the UK, using Neutrik "silent" connectors and a German-made Black Sommer Tricone double shielded instrument cable...

Upgrade Line6 Relay G50 G90 Guitar Bass Wireless Silent Jack Cable Lead RA | eBay

Please let me know what you think, the custom made one looks cool, but I just wanna gather any info or opinions on which one should I got for.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Frankie

Reaction score
Lava Cable will make you a custom cable for your wireless unit using whatever connectors/cable you want. I had one made for mine and it's way better than the stock one.

Dmann

Reaction score
Guys, quick help needed. I have these 2 options, which one do you think is better:

1st one: Original "Line 6" cable, made with Mogami cable, but the connectors look like sh*t...

Line 6 Relay G50/G90 Wireless System Premium Guitar Cable

2nd one: Custom made from some dude in the UK, using Neutrik "silent" connectors and a German-made Black Sommer Tricone double shielded instrument cable...

Upgrade Line6 Relay G50 G90 Guitar Bass Wireless Silent Jack Cable Lead RA | eBay

Please let me know what you think, the custom made one looks cool, but I just wanna gather any info or opinions on which one should I got for.

My original one that came with the G50 broke after about a year of daily use. I too was faced with the dilemma on replacements. I ended up buying 2 Shure Instrument Cable WA302 and one of Fender Musical Instruments Fender 6 Inch Instrument Cable and then I just changed the 1/4" tip myself with a simple and quick solder, and now have 2 angled ones for the same price as one Line 6 angled replacement.

:applause:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEOVAN83

Reaction score
I went ahead and bought that custom made one form the UK, with the Neutrik Silent Plugs and the Sommer cable. Hopefully it will be great...

chuckharmonjr

In Memorandum
Reaction score
About as far south in Alabama as you can go withou

Latest posts