Wiring Diagram Power Transformer And Output Transformer

• Thread starter Ed Domanowski
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Domanowski

Reaction score
JTM45 split panel output Transformer and power transformer wiring diagram can someone please help

ampmadscientist

Reaction score
JTM45 split panel output Transformer and power transformer wiring diagram can someone please help

You will usually only get that diagram (color code) if you buy a replacement, factory or otherwise.

The color code is not usually shown on factory schematics either. (a although not impossible)

The wiring is shown but the colors for the wires are not shown)

Therefore...
detailed pictures of split panel insides is what you are looking for really. If you had that, you would know the color code of the original...

For replacement transformers the diagram is supplied w/ color code. But having actual pictures would be the best.

myersbw

Reaction score
I don't know if he does it for all? But Mercury Magnetics' Patrick Selfridge might be one to email. The Mesa Maverick trans I got from him was color coded like the original.

Ed Domanowski

Reaction score
Thank you guys let me say it right I can do a j t m 45 build according to metro amp instructions the transform s I am using are Merren I need some kind of drawing that's shows were each lug goes to . I had no problem when I did my first build with metros transform s pleas help if you can thank you, another words I need to dum it down a bit I am still learning

stickyfinger

Reaction score
Hi yes Merren dosnt just give the diagram when you order and does not posted on his site. Lots of folks have this problem.

I'm actually building one as we speak.

Should be just like his other power transformers.

I'm actually thinking his 45 is the same as the 50w 118 model with different taps.

TOP 3 Left heaters. Middle ground.
TOP 2 Right. Farthest left 2 neutral other is probably live but no need to use it.
Bottom Left. Middle should be ground. Inner 2 low volts, outer 2 higher volts.
Bottom Right. 5v Heaters

Output- don't know yet. Should match the original amps color code

MR0F6N2.jpg

Last edited:

Ed Domanowski

Reaction score
  • Thank you very much for the picture sticky finger your amp build is going to be nice when it's finished however I am looking for some type of pencil diagram that shows exactly were each wire goes to on the logs so I get it right the first time can't afford to short anything out when it comes to started up all components are Nos and I don't want to ruin anything

Ed Domanowski

Reaction score
Hey I just wanted to mention I'm brand new to the Marshall forum and I really don't know where you put my posts if anyone could help that would also help me

Ed Domanowski

Reaction score
Just wondering since we're building the same amp if you could draw a diagram where each wire goes or take closer shots with a camera with yours as you go through yours I'll do my side by side with you

Obi Plexi-nobi

Reaction score
Stickyfinger- Where did you find that chocolate-brown perfboard? I thought that stuff was extinct from the galaxy since we over-mined the deposits of it on Corellia...

anitoli

Reaction score
Hi yes Merren dosnt just give the diagram when you order and does not posted on his site. Lots of folks have this problem.

I'm actually building one as we speak.

Should be just like his other power transformers.

I'm actually thinking his 45 is the same as the 50w 118 model with different taps.

TOP 3 Left heaters. Middle ground.
TOP 2 Right. Farthest left 2 neutral other is probably live but no need to use it.
Bottom Left. Middle should be ground. Inner 2 low volts, outer 2 higher volts.
Bottom Right. 5v Heaters

Output- don't know yet. Should match the original amps color code

MR0F6N2.jpg

So if you buy this guys x-former he leaves you in the dark about the wiring layout?

Exojam

Reaction score
Well I am starting the process of building the 50 watt plexi from Metro and ordered the Marstran 1202-118.

It came with no wiring, not a big deal right now since I have no idea how to hook the damn thing up. The one in the Metro manual had five wires on the secondary side, while my new one has seven along with two 3.5’s and zero on top, plus a common.

I e-mailed Brian asking if he could take a few minutes to read the small section on the PT wiring from the Metro build manual and his basic response was to wire it like the one shown. That would be nice but his PT only has about 4 more connections.

Trying to work with Neikeel to see if this can be figured out at this time.

There are some pics of the PT and the wiring code in my albums if anyone wants to see them.

Ed Domanowski

Reaction score
Hers some more builds of mine

Attachments

• 20180619_120403.jpg
    20180619_120403.jpg
    649.3 KB · Views: 18