• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

wiring question - 1935B cab

• Thread starter 0 2339
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Underwood

VIP Member
Reaction score
Until you do then you will never be sure, its plain to see that it has been rewired in the past, not very well i might add, so do your self a favour and get it correct, also get the speaker positions right too, it might sound ok to you but thats only your opinion, others may differ.

Your call.

0 2339

Reaction score
thanks for the input, i'll take care of it one day... care to point out what's not well with the current wiring, besides speaker pointing in wrong directions?

cheers

Seanxk

Reaction score
One thing I find confusing is you don't mention testing with a battery, it's the first thing we would do if we had the slightest of concerns.

0 2339

Reaction score
One thing I find confusing is you don't mention testing with a battery, it's the first thing we would do if we had the slightest of concerns.
in one of my previous posts i was asking if the entire wiring has to be removed and i think reading once about speakers not liking DC voltages applied..? i've never done it before, so naturally i won't start experimenting on 50 year old speakers. at least not until i find the time to research how it's done properly or get a trustworthy answer about my concerns ;) anyway, as stated before i doubt there's any phase issues after playing it... then again it wouldn't be the first time i'm completely wrong...

Seanxk

Reaction score
Lol, we're not talking car batteries here, if you're concerned use 1.5v AA or A, I just use an old tired 9v from a pedal.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
use a 9v. plug in a speaker cord & putting the +, on the tip, make contact w/ the sleeve & -...

All speakers will move to their full excursion one way or the other. They should all move the same direction. As long as you hold the battery on, the speaker will stay pushed, or pulled. Just make the contact & see which way the cones move. If they all get pushed out, you're good to go. If 1, or 2 speakers move the opposite way, then you have an out of phase issue...

0 2339

Reaction score
use a 9v. plug in a speaker cord & putting the +, on the tip, make contact w/ the sleeve & -...

All speakers will move to their full excursion one way or the other. They should all move the same direction. As long as you hold the battery on, the speaker will stay pushed, or pulled. Just make the contact & see which way the cones move. If they all get pushed out, you're good to go. If 1, or 2 speakers move the opposite way, then you have an out of phase issue...

Ken Underwood

VIP Member
Reaction score

So nice to see the old fashioned, simple, tests still being used, well done that man lol