Would you hand your gun in for a Taser?

• Thread starter Australian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainZero

Reaction score
Yes. As soon as they make a taser that will blow something up! :headbanger:

Also, it's really tough to bring down a pheasant with a taser.

GroupShotMedJPEG-1.jpg

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
For shooters that like to hear a bang, it wouldnt be too hard to make a taser with a sampled gun shot connected to the trigger.:)

Username2

Reaction score
Hell no.

I have personally seen a security guard get the shit beat out of him for taz'n the wrong dude. They can work but I have seen where alcohol and other drugs limit their effect. Things like tasers and pepper spray can buy you time, but that's all. Better then nothing.

A gun on the other hand can literally knock a big man off his feet backwards when charging you, a high percentage never get up to talk about it.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hell no.

I have personally seen a security guard get the shit beat out of him for taz'n the wrong dude. They can work but I have seen where alcohol and other drugs limit their effect. Things like tasers and pepper spray can buy you time, but that's all. Better then nothing.

A gun on the other hand can literally knock a big man off his feet backwards when charging you, a high percentage never get up to talk about it.

Yeah its a bit like the spider. I used to do the right thing and put them outside rather than kill them, but after having too many get away and crawl under a cupboard, I just kill on sight now.

Username2

Reaction score
Yeah its a bit like the spider. I used to do the right thing and put them outside rather than kill them, but after having too many get away and crawl under a cupboard, I just kill on sight now.

You better hope there aren't any members from India or PETA freaks on the forum or we going be talking about killing bugs for a frickin week.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
You better hope there aren't any members from India or PETA freaks on the forum or we going be talking about killing bugs for a frickin week.

I keep that equation of karma in mind, but if a white tail spider(whos going to turn my arm purple) runs across the computer keyboard like it did to me the other night he'll be killed.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
You'd think, Australia, the most dangerous land in all the dingo stealing babies would relax the laws to let the people protect themselves. I mean Paul Hogan went fishing with dynamite goddamnit. Like for real, what to do if you're walking down the street and surprise, butt secks... or Great White!

Username2

Reaction score
I keep that equation of karma in mind, but if a white tail spider(whos going to turn my arm purple) runs across the computer keyboard like it did to me the other night he'll be killed.

Yea, that Croc hunter dude (Steve???) was always showing some freaky critter you guys have down there. Then the dude would go screw with them. Not sure what a Oz white tail spider is but we should match it up with the American Hobo spider.

drriff

Reaction score
I can't think of a situation where I would consider using a gun that a taser would be a better choice. In other words, I would only use a gun if lethal force were necessary and a taser would be of no help in such a situation.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't think of a situation where I would consider using a gun that a taser would be a better choice. In other words, I would only use a gun if lethal force were necessary and a taser would be of no help in such a situation.

What?

brp

Reaction score
Drunk guy tazered at least twice continues to assault cop and break into Daycare Center
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNKaTKZ9Y7Y]Drunk Naked Black Guy attempts to break into a daycare - YouTube[/ame]

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
You'd think, Australia, the most dangerous land in all the dingo stealing babies would relax the laws to let the people protect themselves. I mean Paul Hogan went fishing with dynamite goddamnit. Like for real, what to do if you're walking down the street and surprise, butt secks... or Great White!

You guys are making USA seem like one big crime ridden continent.

Give me the real figures and I'll organize a gas chamber for the hardened bozos!

V-man

Reaction score
Fuck no.

- My main carry gun costs over $3,500, and the rest of my guns average the cost of a US made Gibson (new or vintage) per gun. Tasers aren't worth shit.

- In 50 years, my guns (and properly stored ammo) will go "bang" not so wit a taser.

- Tasers (like guns) are a poor tool to shut someone down and even after being shot, certain BGs are not neutralized.

- Tasers are useless against multiple threats. You get 2 darts.

- Tasers are a very short range weapon. The last thing I want is less distance for the a at to close before I can hit him

- There is no quick reload for a taser

Peaty

Reaction score
No, I don't think so. Maybe to augment my handgun, but not to replace. I do have a large canister police grade pepper spray in each of my cars but I also have a CCH permit. First thing I would do is remove myself from a bad situation if possible. The very last thing I'd ever want to do is to have to use my handgun.

gdh1532

Reaction score
No, I don't think so. Maybe to augment my handgun, but not to replace. I do have a large canister police grade pepper spray in each of my cars but I also have a CCH permit. First thing I would do is remove myself from a bad situation if possible. The very last thing I'd ever want to do is to have to use my handgun.

^ this, I have never used any gun for anything other than target shooting/hunting. You know it sounds like there is a lot of crime, but really it's not as bad as other countries would think. Most policeman retire without ever having to fire their weapons at a criminal. Most people have never been exposed to any violent crime (while they usually have experienced petty theft).

I have a question for our Aussie brothers. Can you get permits to go hunting with a gun? Is that possible?

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a question for our Aussie brothers. Can you get permits to go hunting with a gun? Is that possible?

Yes. Its not easy to get a license, but lots of people here go hunting with guns.

Latest posts