• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Ya Das SCORPIONS!

• Thread starter bennieusmaximus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bennieusmaximus

Reaction score
Hey anyone here the new Scorps CD.They still sound great after 40 years.
Anyone know if they are still playing Marshall?And does any one know what models and or gear they were playing in the '80s.

V-man

Reaction score
Schenker and Jabs played Gibsons (Flying V and Explorer 90) respectively, but they have some overseas luthier doing custom guitars for them. They also used Marshall JCM 800 model 2210s If I recall correctly, but have no clue what amps are used today.

...und das ist "Ja, die Scorpions" nicht "Ya, Das Scorpions"!

bennieusmaximus

Reaction score
Im got my eye on a 2210 right now.I might have to pull the triger before it goes away.Where would th scorps tone come from?The spandex?If Slashes tone comes from the hat,there has to be somekind of clothing/tone relationship here also.Even with that Im not gonna try the spandex to find out.

V-man

Reaction score
CROSS-CONTRASTED GUITARS.

Get an off body Gibson of choice (black or white) then paint a design in contrast (white stripes on black guitar), etc. Just don't checker an explorer or you'll sound like Cheap Trick.

slash07

Reaction score
If it is Sting in the Tail - that is awesome to say the least. More classic Scorpions..way better than their previous album Humanity IMO.

fretfire6

Reaction score
Rumor has it that Matthias Jabs is using ENGL's now. Not sure about Rudy Schenker but I think he's a die-hard Marshall guy. They did use Soldano's briefly but not sure about now.

retrojet

Reaction score
They used Kitty Hawk amps for some of their best stuff in the 80's, and Dommenget is the guy who makes Matthias' Explorers...I think he makes Rudy's guitars now too...

Last edited:

plexilespaul

Reaction score
Schenker and Jabs played Gibsons (Flying V and Explorer 90) respectively, but they have some overseas luthier doing custom guitars for them. They also used Marshall JCM 800 model 2210s If I recall correctly, but have no clue what amps are used today.
both used jmp's and early 80's MV jmp's and jcm 800...
later on schenker used 2205 jcm 800 and uses hat amp until today

Latest posts