Your bands songs featuring Marshall.

El Dunco

Reaction score
Apologies if this isn’t the right sub if it counts as a plug but I thought it might be cool for those of us in bands with music released to share songs that prominently feature Marshall amps. I’ll start.

This is my band’s most recent single, it was published on a compilation by Nuclear Blast and got us on our current distro. I’m quite proud of the production work I did, recorded it all in my studio. While this is when I started blending amps and there is a recto with a light crunch mixed in, 90% of that sound is Marshall JVM through a G12K, boosted with a custom overdrive built for me by a pedalmaker friend of mine we lovingly call “The Cornhole.” Leads are pure Marshall. Fans of White Zombie, Rammstein, Pantera and Metallica ought to love this one.

Spike To the Brain

This next one came out on an EP we released prior to the one above. It’s quite a bit heavier with more of a death/sludge metal sound. Tracked in a pro studio but I handled all the engineering and production duties. Again there’s a low-gain recto carefully mixed in for extra definition, lows and highs (besides the solo which is pure Marshall again). No boost, just straight in and through a Vintage 30. Was also published in a NB comp.

Repository of Human Ills

This last one isn’t from my band or a serious song released anywhere outside of Soundcloud, it’s a parody of “Mambo No.5” just for fun but it’s still a pretty slamming song. This one isn’t blended and is pure JVM boosted with the Cornhole.

Murder No. 5

Enjoy the songs. I look forward to hearing all the different sounds everyone has been getting from their Marshalls on your songs!

Last edited:

mark123

Reaction score
The first and last ones both say "We’re sorry, that track isn’t available on mobile." Soundcloud is poop.

The second one is well done. 👍

El Dunco

Reaction score
The first and last ones both say "We’re sorry, that track isn’t available on mobile." Soundcloud is poop.

The second one is well done. 👍
Sorry, I’ll amend the links.

I fixed the first one, I’ll see what I can do about the third, I only posted that one on soundcloud because it’s kind of a “joke track” not officially released. If you PM me I could send it to you. Thankyou though. The first one is definitely worth a listen if you enjoyed the second.

mark123

Reaction score
Sorry, I’ll amend the links.

I fixed the first one, I’ll see what I can do about the third, I only posted that one on soundcloud because it’s kind of a “joke track” not officially released. If you PM me I could send it to you. Thankyou though. The first one is definitely worth a listen if you enjoyed the second.
Nice. Spike to the Brain has a Ministry vibe to it. Well done.

Ken Underwood

VIP Member
Reaction score
Now here's one for you guys. The first and last songs played via the first JTM45 at the Ealing Club in September 1963, before No1 went on sale, was Zip a de doo Dah, first released in 1946, heavy rock version with a couple of Sax blowing hard, and I Saw Her Standing There, Beatles track first released in March 1963, all the rest is just history, just a bit of useless info, sorry guys.

El Dunco

Reaction score
Nice. Spike to the Brain has a Ministry vibe to it. Well done.
Thankyou. Ministry is a personal favourite influence of mine, particularly with the fairly clever way I went about the “wall of vocals” sound from those early Ministry records. I don’t know how Al & Co did it themselves but as well as tightly triple tracking my vocal and running them all into a heavy LA-2A, I also used a fairly clever technique to make it sound like a stadium crowd is backing me up! Again, I’m happy you enjoyed that one 😊
Now here's one for you guys. The first and last songs played via the first JTM45 at the Ealing Club in September 1963, before No1 went on sale, was Zip a de doo Dah, first released in 1946, heavy rock version with a couple of Sax blowing hard, and I Saw Her Standing There, Beatles track first released in March 1963, all the rest is just history, just a bit of useless info, sorry guys.
No useless information he’re it’s totally in the spirit of the thread. You’re welcome to post any clips you have, I hope I haven’t given the impression you need to be a signed or published artist to contribute. We’re all Marshall lovers here and I’d love to hear all the different tones y’all are getting from your Marshalls and signal chain.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this isn’t the right sub if it counts as a plug but I thought it might be cool for those of us in bands with music released to share songs that prominently feature Marshall amps. I’ll start.

This is my band’s most recent single, it was published on a compilation by Nuclear Blast and got us on our current distro. I’m quite proud of the production work I did, recorded it all in my studio. While this is when I started blending amps and there is a recto with a light crunch mixed in, 90% of that sound is Marshall JVM through a G12K, boosted with a custom overdrive built for me by a pedalmaker friend of mine we lovingly call “The Cornhole.” Leads are pure Marshall. Fans of White Zombie, Rammstein, Pantera and Metallica ought to love this one.

Spike To the Brain

This next one came out on an EP we released prior to the one above. It’s quite a bit heavier with more of a death/sludge metal sound. Tracked in a pro studio but I handled all the engineering and production duties. Again there’s a low-gain recto carefully mixed in for extra definition, lows and highs (besides the solo which is pure Marshall again). No boost, just straight in and through a Vintage 30. Was also published in a NB comp.

Repository of Human Ills

This last one isn’t from my band or a serious song released anywhere outside of Soundcloud, it’s a parody of “Mambo No.5” just for fun but it’s still a pretty slamming song. This one isn’t blended and is pure JVM boosted with the Cornhole.

Murder No. 5

Enjoy the songs. I look forward to hearing all the different sounds everyone has been getting from their Marshalls on your songs!
Nice work brother I liked all 3 of your bands clips..

Cheers
Mitch

I dig all of you guys work, and have shared it with many others..

Cheers
Mitch

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought you were using a Mig 50, or something? :shrug:
Yeah! I still have the Mig 50 but I didn't use it here. Here I'm using my drummer's old JMP 2203, which he no longer has, unfortunately :(

The singer was using an Acoustic model 160, but we then reamped the instruments to blend with the original live signal, and I think we even used the 2203 to reamp the bass. :D

Ken Underwood

VIP Member
Reaction score
Thankyou. Ministry is a personal favourite influence of mine, particularly with the fairly clever way I went about the “wall of vocals” sound from those early Ministry records. I don’t know how Al & Co did it themselves but as well as tightly triple tracking my vocal and running them all into a heavy LA-2A, I also used a fairly clever technique to make it sound like a stadium crowd is backing me up! Again, I’m happy you enjoyed that one 😊

No useless information he’re it’s totally in the spirit of the thread. You’re welcome to post any clips you have, I hope I haven’t given the impression you need to be a signed or published artist to contribute. We’re all Marshall lovers here and I’d love to hear all the different tones y’all are getting from your Marshalls and signal chain.
Not an artist, not signed, don't paly at all, don't even own a Marshall amp or any other make, just here to tell the story of how this all started

cjs42079

Reaction score
ehh, sorry for the live video but it is what it is. les paul copy into a silver joob 2525h. this is what I sound like when I play lol.

edit: original song, just to clarify

jcm800gridlock

Reaction score
Ken you are a wealth of knowledge and it is so cool getting your insight and first hand knowledge of early Marshall.

I’ve owned more Marshall’s than I can count since 1977 and that is my tone. I am so very interested in reading your threads.

We are very fortunate and privileged to have you here. Please stay healthy and keep active on this site.

Thank you,
Grid

Latest posts