1968 Bassman

• Thread starter msgdman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

msgdman

Reaction score
I had a really beat up Blackface, so I tore off the tolex to redo it. I found that the original wood underneath looked nice, so I sanded, stained, and finished it, added diamond plate, and now this is what she looks like. Have it setting on a 2x10. Very happy with it.

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty cool. :yesway:

These amps sound really good, I like them a lot. :yesway:

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
I like the look and want to hear the tone. I miss my old black face that was stolen.
If I had my preference I would mask the diamond plate about 1/4" top and bottom a do flat black to match the cab better and off set the logo. Or all black diamond plate.

msgdman

Reaction score
I like the look and want to hear the tone. I miss my old black face that was stolen.
If I had my preference I would mask the diamond plate about 1/4" top and bottom a do flat black to match the cab better and off set the logo. Or all black diamond plate.

Have been thinking about a black coating on the plate.

gtone

Reaction score
Love the Bassman, but the diamond plate should go. Bare wood looks cool though...

clutch71

Reaction score
Looks great but I agree that the diamond plate seems out of place. As long as you're happy with it.

12barjunkie

Reaction score
Nice, man! Definitely go with black diamond plate or something black to match your speaker cab :D

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
That looks great to me but I own a Mesa single rec so I want to do the same to it.
bassman is a cool amp. I hate to have gas for one now !

slide222

Reaction score
looks good , but if the steel chequred plate was stainless to paint it you will need to etch primer it first or the paint will chip off very easily

msgdman

Reaction score
looks good , but if the steel chequred plate was stainless to paint it you will need to etch primer it first or the paint will chip off very easily

I don't move it from that spot and it will never even leave that room, so its not an issue for me.

slide222

Reaction score
but the wood look is good and it reminds me of old mk 2 mesa combos done without tolex , just nice wood heavily varnished- I yerned for one in the day

Latest posts