5150 Iconic....Wow!

• Thread starter Bloodrock
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Being made in China isn't automatically a sign of bad quality. They build to the spec they are paid for. Remember, the build IPhones there . Sure, I wish it was all built in the US but we have to face reality.

Exactly. You'll find great quality and poor quality in just about every nation on planet earth.

As for the political angle, please, let's leave that for other forums/sites. Thanks.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
What politics? Because I choose not to spend my money on MIC whenever possible my posts get deleted?

I don't care how anyone else spends their money, as I previously stated. We all have decisions to make. What's wrong with that?:shrug:

Last edited:

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
What politics? Because I choose not to spend my money on MIC whenever possible my posts get deleted?

I don't care how anyone else spends their money, as I previously stated. We all have decisions to make. What's wrong with that?:shrug:

Well, as for this thread, it evolved into a discussion on politics. There's no shortage of political forums out there if someone wants to have a debate.

PowerTube44

Reaction score
WTF does that have to do with anything? Good for you! I hear they're nice guitars. Even played a few. Not bad. Congrats.
It has to do with the fact that people keep saying, "I hate that it's made in China." Okay, then. Let's have it made in the USA. Instead of listing for $999.99, it'll now list for $3499.99.

I have ZERO love for the CCP, but we can blame this mess on our own politicians more than anyone else.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
It has to do with the fact that people keep saying, "I hate that it's made in China." Okay, then. Let's have it made in the USA. Instead of listing for $999.99, it'll now list for $3499.99.

I have ZERO love for the CCP, but we can blame this mess on our own politicians more than anyone else.

Ugh...never mind.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that I've been romping mine for awhile I find soloing on this amp addictive. The clarity and how the notes jump out from any rhythms I play. ESPECIALLY rock to hard rock lanes. Harmonics while holding notes or biting overtones while adjusting pick attack consistently happen. Why it is so much fun. Light or aggressive. It responds in kind.

The big mistake with this amp was youtubers portraying it as an amp related to previous versions. Let's see if it chuggs!!! Therefore all the chug fests. Fucking morons bless their chuggy lil hearts.

They got it wrong. Many many players just got it wrong. And I have no problem looking them in the eyes with a "sloppy Joe" smirk saying so.

This is ED's version. Change from VH rhythm approaches to sweet lead playing. Both of which are intertwined. Now you get this amp.

I'd hate to waste an amp like this on chugs.

PowerTube44

Reaction score
The big mistake with this amp was youtubers portraying it as an amp related to previous versions. Let's see if it chuggs!!! Therefore all the chug fests. Fucking morons bless their chuggy lil hearts.
I cringe whenever I search this amp on YouTube and certain people come up. I couldn't care less if it does chug, Djent, or any of the other similar shit.

Last edited:

EJstrat&JVM

Reaction score
I will say that WITHOUT A DOUBT this Amp is based on a Marshall circuit! Not a Soldano, old 5150, current EVH. The JVM I had was not even close in terms of tone. And that's the marshall flagship. Its even better than the Ceriatones I've owned. Kudos to EVH, they've finally built one of the Marshalls we've all been wanting for years...
great to know, but so far the demos are a big turn off.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Now that I've been romping mine for awhile I find soloing on this amp addictive. The clarity and how the notes jump out from any rhythms I play. ESPECIALLY rock to hard rock lanes. Harmonics while holding notes or biting overtones while adjusting pick attack consistently happen. Why it is so much fun. Light or aggressive. It responds in kind.

They got it wrong. Many many players just got it wrong. And I have no problem looking them in the eyes with a "sloppy Joe" smirk saying so.

This is ED's version. Change from VH rhythm approaches to sweet lead playing. Both of which are intertwined. Now you get this amp.

i hate that "will it chug" bs. i use to like his channel until all that stupid shit. if it does 99 things out of the 100 i need i
really dont give a shit if it chugs.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
i hate that "will it chug" bs. i use to like his channel until all that stupid shit. if it does 99 things out of the 100 i need i
really dont give a shit if it chugs.
It got so fuking rediculous. Definitely know where my lanes are. To each their own but I almost feel I need therapy after all the stoopid chuggernaughts doing the same shit that made me hate any amp used that way.

Like I already said. One amp vid I found struck me.ONE! I didn't even know the amp existed. Because of my timing I got it for $900 and it's the only amp I'm playing since. I really want to keep enjoying what this 5150 does for me. Great features too.

Springfield Scooter

Reaction score

Making me want one!

PowerTube44

Reaction score
how many more steps ya got?
Not many. I had an unexpected bill and I'm almost back up to speed after that.

Plus, I still need to try one out. I learned a hard lesson about buying an amp I haven't tried firsthand when I bought the Splawn Quick Rod years ago.

Latest posts