A Finish To Dye For - Input Requested

• Thread starter Geeze
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I'm pondering building an amp version of the old console tv with the speakers below with the amp popping up when you raise the lip and have the trannys and tubes all showing in their tuneful glory.

Yep - I'm nuts.

Russ
like a Portaflex Fliptop?

SG~GUY

Reaction score
Yeah but a lot prettier and cooler looking. Like something you'd open and Thus Spoke Zarathustra fills the room.

Russ

-I had an old floor radio from the 30's made of walnut, had that cool glass dial that was brightest at the edge's, was almost 4' tall-

-but ya know what they say about good intentions-

houseofrock

Reaction score
Sorry I'm late to the party. The power has been out down here in S. Fla.
I'm not a big fan of red (blue is my favorite color), but the red gets my vote.
How 'bout a translucent black?

Last edited:

houseofrock

Reaction score
Very lucky. No damage. Power out for 5 days. I'm in the West Palm Beach area. The Keys and the west coast took a beating (Naples and Tampa ). Locally county wide power outage for a few days. Trees and billboards took a beating. Some communities didn't do so well but I was one of the lucky ones that did ok. I know that locally there are some apartments that residents had to be evacuated from because of the localized flooding, structural damage to the building.

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
Very nice , I have a intense vision of a curly Maple flying V body for a bolt on Teli ! But it's just a vision. Lol
Call me crazy but I like the trans black or the dark green crap !

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I think I like the aquamarine the best, with teal coming in a close second (though, neither are really appropriately named on the bottle). If it were me, I think I'd go with a more natural looking stain like you showed in the first pic.

Latest posts