• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

A Little Ditty I Just Stuck A Fork In.

• Thread starter Barfly
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Barfly

Expert bottle opener.
Reaction score
Thanks Vin. I'm not gonna lie, appreciate the kind words and tip. Best!

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
Absolutely great song. Reminds me of Evanescence. Well-written and produced. Belongs on the radio. :yesway:
One small tip if I may: add something to the choruses after the solo, perhaps some high background keyboards, to bring the intensity of the song up to an epic level before it ends. It's always been my [personal] rule of thumb that if a song is going to end on choruses, they should sound much bigger at the end than they do at the beginning.
It sounds great , definitely would breath some life in to the air waves. Promote it to your local rock radio station !

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am posting a new original song for my fellow MF'ers to listen to and hopefully like. Dig, if you will.. Stand And Deliver.

Barfly.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13521670

Cheers Barfly.
I listened.

Against what other members have being saying I am inclined to moan about this mix.
Some people note that you have 'a female singer' - as if this is always a benefit.

But this can't be right.
But it's late and I'm tired.

flyinguitars

Reaction score
Thank you. I've said it before and I will say it again; you liking it goes a long way with me. I think you ( and your son ) are incredible players. Thank you so much. :cheers:

Thank you! To me, above all the great things about this song (playing, tone, performance, mix, solo, etc..), is the writing and arrangement. I haven't heard much that hasn't been done before.....let's face it, rock music has been stretched and reinvented so many times in the last 50 years and thereven are not many new places to go. It seems like you always find a new twist and keep it fresh along with tearing it up performance wise. I think it's awesome and interesting!

Barfly

Expert bottle opener.
Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words, Mike. I'm very glad you like it. I'm working on a few more as we speak. Thank you all for listening. I am going to try and get you on one of the next ones, Mike. We can split a solo. Good night, all.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another sick tune. Already a fan!

It delivered great riffs, solid solo that was dripping wet with tasty playing and vocals that kept me listening the whole time.

You had me at the guitar as I am a guitar whore first and foremost though.:drool:

Gianni

Reaction score
Amazing guitar work, and I’m also in love with her voice! :yesway:

How about posting ‘In The Rain’ too? I can’t stop listening to it! ;)

Barfly

Expert bottle opener.
Reaction score
Amazing guitar work, and I’m also in love with her voice! :yesway:

Thank you, Gianni. I'm glad you liked it. Brooke is an excellent singer. I'm also glad you like IN THE RAIN. I'll let this run it's course and then pop it up. PS: Been to Greece. The best vacation I ever had. Be well...

Gianni

Reaction score
Thank you, Gianni. I'm glad you liked it. Brooke is an excellent singer. I'm also glad you like IN THE RAIN. I'll let this run it's course and then pop it up. PS: Been to Greece. The best vacation I ever had. Be well...

Very glad to hear you had such a good time in Greece! Let Brooke know she’s got an admirer there. As for ‘In The Rain’, this song deserves its own thread, mate. All the best to you both! :yesway:

Barfly

Expert bottle opener.
Reaction score
:yesway:

Thank you, Gianni.. I am glad you liked that one too. I didn't mean to leave that one up. I only posted that for Flying Guitars to listen to. I figure if I tempt him enough he'll play on one of my songs. I love the way that dude plays. Be well.