A New Marshall Is Born !

• Thread starter Lespaulnmarshall
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StratMatt

Reaction score
I've bought an MA100C.
Gigged it once & I can't say I'm very impressed. Clean channel full tilt is quieter than my 10w practice amp. O/D channel is very noisy, at high volume there's virtually no difference between crunch & boost sounds. It's going back to the dealer on Saturday.

thrawn86

Reaction score
I've bought an MA100C.
Gigged it once & I can't say I'm very impressed. Clean channel full tilt is quieter than my 10w practice amp. O/D channel is very noisy, at high volume there's virtually no difference between crunch & boost sounds. It's going back to the dealer on Saturday.

Marty will attest to this: The stock tubes are junk a lot of the time. Even if you can't afford NOS tubes, a better set will probably help out.

dmstyres

Reaction score
the new marshall ma, is the new all tube marshall head with some cool features :naughty:

And....

And,

for our younger members,

the price is'nt too high, and it's the cheapest amp marshall ever made!

It's avalable in a 100w or 50w head, and a 100 or 50w 2x12 combo.
It has some new speakers made by marshall.
The put them in the combo and in the new ma 4x12 cab they are going to sell too.

It would look and sound good with a 2x12 cab i think, here are some pics:

large-marshall_ma50h.jpg

large-marshall_ma50c.jpg

and here it is on the marshall site:

marshall amps :: series overview

Marshall MA50C All Tube crap
Its made in vietnam not england !!!!!!!!!! I own one, not pleased !!! :wtf::mad:
If your looking for that Marshall sound, this amp won't give it to you. My frig'n Valvestate VS80 sounds better than this junk !!
My 1968 Gibson 20Watt Tube amp put's this Marshall to shame.

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
If I needed a backup to my DSL right now I would pick up a MA head with confidence.

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
What cab did you run it through?

My shop only stocks 1960 cabs so there seems to be a huge difference in that alone. Like I have posted before, the MA heads going in to 1960 and 1960tv cabs sound pretty good.

guitarman8

Reaction score
I was thinking of trying the MA100 half stack at GC for $1199. With some of these newer amps like the DSL401 I have I found just using the gain side starting out with the gain volume way up at 3/4's or more with a low master start and then dial in the gain control till you get a clearer clipping sounds works best. I also added a Tungsol 12ax7 to V1. This format takes the fizz out. Maybe things would work the same for the MA.

I have a JVM410c and like it no tricks needed with that one. Excited just bought an old friend back, a 1984 JCM800 model 4210 50w 1X12c. Ebay for $600 needs basic amp maintenence owner said it didn't give a steady sound. I'm hoping some deoxit5 on the tube sockets and pot cleaning will do the trick. The amp was in storage for 8years.

Synyster

Reaction score
I was thinking of trying the MA100 half stack at GC for $1199. With some of these newer amps like the DSL401 I have I found just using the gain side starting out with the gain volume way up at 3/4's or more with a low master start and then dial in the gain control till you get a clearer clipping sounds works best. I also added a Tungsol 12ax7 to V1. This format takes the fizz out. Maybe things would work the same for the MA.

I have a JVM410c and like it no tricks needed with that one. Excited just bought an old friend back, a 1984 JCM800 model 4210 50w 1X12c. Ebay for $600 needs basic amp maintenence owner said it didn't give a steady sound. I'm hoping some deoxit5 on the tube sockets and pot cleaning will do the trick. The amp was in storage for 8years.

Guitarman, not to derail the thread, could be the filter caps or the power tubes. :thumb:

guitarman8

Reaction score
Yeah that's a possibilty, he said the tubes were fairly new this was a back up amp he never used. I'm worried about the MDF cab I have a couple of MDF 1/12 cabs that sounded a lttile dull. Closed backs I cut half the back off to take the MDF further out of the picture, it helped. Nothing like birch though.

Latest posts