Any Ibanez Folks On Here?

• Thread starter ricksconnected
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
The floral is actually my second Jem,first one I had was an ex display VDY when I was in high school & sold it to fund getting my first car which was a bag of shit!

ibanez-jem-777-vdy.jpg

That's one guitar I wish I hadn't have sold!

:erk::erk::erk:

:facepalm:

ricksconnected

Reaction score
yeah guys, it seems that everybody has had an ibanez in their lives that they regret
getting rid of. im trying to focus on getting a couple more now. they just play
so good ya know. why i ever put them down i cant honestly answer. looking for that
"bigger and better" i guess. i dont think i every really found it. i just had so many
guitars come along that i honestly forgot what quality they had and how easy they were to play.
its kinda like ditching your best girl for someone else. so much time goes by and at
some point you reflect back on the past and realize what you gave up for such little in return.
once shes gone shes gone ya know.

Mosher Zone

Reaction score
beautiful mosh. she looks well played bro.
ive never heard of the 18V live wire's.
what is it that you like about them? im gonna
have to see if youtube has a demo.
They are very smooth sounding & don't seem as saturated as an EMG81, they aren't particularly high output either, the neck one is probably my fave neck pickup ever. They still make them but they have been reconfigured to work with a 9v. They said back in the day the 18v gave more headroom.

Robert Herndon Project

In Memorandum
Reaction score
yeah guys, it seems that everybody has had an ibanez in their lives that they regret
getting rid of. im trying to focus on getting a couple more now. they just play
so good ya know. why i ever put them down i cant honestly answer. looking for that
"bigger and better" i guess. i dont think i every really found it. i just had so many
guitars come along that i honestly forgot what quality they had and how easy they were to play.
its kinda like ditching your best girl for someone else. so much time goes by and at
some point you reflect back on the past and realize what you gave up for such little in return.
once shes gone shes gone ya know.

That's why I bought a new Gibson SG....although I had many great guitars, the SG was a standout...

Ghostman

Reaction score
I always considered Ibanez the "promiscuous woman" of guitars. Everyone's been on it, but on one really stays around long. :D

With the exception of some of the Prestige models, I've rarely met someone who's kept the same Ibanez for more than five or so years. Like bang on it, use it up, and move on to something different.

Oh yeah, and they are usually one of the first big brands a guitarist gets into. I say 'promiscuous' but I mean 'slut' :D

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
I only moved on from Ibanez because I purchased more expensive guitars. If I had a ton of money and room I would have kept them. If I were poorer I would have kept them.
Every person who bought one of my Ibanez guitars contacted me to tell me how appreciative they were and I did not give them away. If they would have lived close enough I actually believe all of them would have kissed me.

Mosher Zone

Reaction score
I always considered Ibanez the "promiscuous woman" of guitars. Everyone's been on it, but on one really stays around long. :D

With the exception of some of the Prestige models, I've rarely met someone who's kept the same Ibanez for more than five or so years. Like bang on it, use it up, and move on to something different.

Oh yeah, and they are usually one of the first big brands a guitarist gets into. I say 'promiscuous' but I mean 'slut' :D
Ten years & counting.

Steve Vai & me, bet you haven't met us. :lol:

Last edited:

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
I love mine...best acoustic I've ever owned and cost much less than other ones I've had. I have never (nor have I wanted to) owned an Ibanez electric, but their acoustics are the shiznits and I'm gonna let you guys in on a little secret...they're the best bang for the buck out there. ..shhhhh ;)

Last edited:

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up this old RG not long ago for $75 bucks. I wouldn't mind scoring a few more of them if I see this price tag again. :)