Are You A Left Lane Driver?

• Thread starter crossroadsnyc
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
If so, knock it off! Seriously, is there anything more annoying on the road other than maybe tailgaters or the guy / gal that cuts you off in heavy traffic just so they can be one car ahead? I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to be this cop on our current trip. The worst!

mcblink

Reaction score
If so, knock it off! Seriously, is there anything more annoying on the road other than maybe tailgaters or the guy / gal that cuts you off in heavy traffic just so they can be one car ahead? I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to be this cop on our current trip. The worst!

As a former trucker, I couldn't agree more.

I wonder if the officer in the vid got his point across or if the driver was still oblivious

Trelwheen

Delicious AND Satisfying
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably still oblivious....most of them fukkin left lane Louie's have no idea where they are, or that there's anybody else in the universe besides them.

I got things to do and places to be...get the hell outta the left lane and outta my life :mad2:

BowerR64

Reaction score
Why do they do it?

Are they clueless? are they policing the roadways? trying to keep other from speeding? does it still say in the driving booklet that the left lane is the passing lane? Do they just not give a shit?

Here in Kansas city there is a new channel that has a section once in a while called "The Rant" viewers can call in and leave messages about problems in the city or with the news. Once a viewer called in and said "to the tailgaters out there you can tailgate me all you want im not going to speed up for you"

Tailgaters dont want you to speed up, they want you to get the hell out of the way. The news guy agreed with the caller it killed me.

Another news channel said the somthing about road rage and she mentioned that some of the biggest causes of road rage is "left lane campers"

I like to get into the left lane because i dont like being in a cluster of cars. I like to get away from the groups of idiots who like to just pile together.

jimmyjames

Reaction score
I have 70-80% success with this method. It requires discipline to keep your eye on the slowpoke in front of you, but turn your head/look downwards and sideways. You're still watching his car, but if he's looking smugly in his mirror, he thinks you're distracted and may rearend him. Most of 'em speed up or move over :cool:

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
A huge pet peeve of mine all my life. For freaking sake, left lanes are for passing not Sunday driving! Isn't it the law?? Its a very simple concept. I bet more people are killed each year by aggressive drivers than drunk drivers, drivers trying to get around the slow pokes. They need to make a national campaign for this, start ticketing the jackasses not using the left lane for passing. I come from NJ where all the drivers are aggressive, I currently live in MD where the drivers are so stupid and passive I HATE getting behind the wheel, even to drive 3 blocks, they are oblivious to what or who's around them, you'd think every driver was a senior citizen they stop on green, go on red, drive through stop signs, and drive 10 miles below the speed limit and not willing to pull out of parking lots or make a right on red! My theory is MD has no mental institutions, they put all their mental patients in cars with an unlimited tank of gas and they just drive around perpetually. And forget about circles, all the local roads are full of them and backed up a mile, they don't understand what yield means it doesn't mean stop! One thing they do understand is the 4 way stop, they seem have a grasp on that concept for some reason. And I'm not saying NJ is any better, the roads are like the wild west there, everybody is in a hurry its like a race and very dangerous, the road rage is out the roof, I hate getting behind the wheel there but at least I can get where I'm going. I think I'll just stay home :pissed:

Last edited:

Rokinroller

Reaction score
Was talking about this subject to a (unfortunately) female family member . She says if she's in the left lane on a highway and doing the speed limit and someone comes up behind her wanting to go faster or pass her , she will slam on her brakes to teach him a lesson ! >> GRRRRRr . I got instant road rage hearing that STUPIDITY ! She insisted she is "right" . Dumbass biotch ! People like that should never be allowed to drive ! I told her , what if that guy your holding back and toying with his life has a sick kid or a pregnant wife in the back seat and need to get to a hospital asap and YOU are holding him back and threatening him with slamming your brakes, that makes you all righteous .... she says `yup`.... he`s in the wrong , I`m right cause I`m doing the legal limit ..... geezus H chrst ! We have shit brains like this on our roads ! Total selfish DUMB fkn moron . Grrrr stupidity.

el_bastardo

Reaction score
297.png

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say we just move into the other lane and pass them there :), seems easier than tailgating potentially killing yourself and others over saving 3 minutes on a trip...call me stupid..Hey anyone drive in Wisconsin? Everybody over 50 drives 35 in the fast lane..must be a law or something.

Rokinroller

Reaction score
I say we just move into the other lane and pass them there :), seems easier than tailgating potentially killing yourself and others over saving 3 minutes on a trip...call me stupid..Hey anyone drive in Wisconsin? Everybody over 50 drives 35 in the fast lane..must be a law or something.

Of course , logical thing to do ,.. but you cant when as I've seen OFTEN on a 3 lane highway you get 3 dumbass idiots all side by side doing the same speed , with no one in front of them , and wont move , so you are blocked on all 3 lanes . The shit I've seen is severe mental stupidity . Dumbarses have no clue and could not care less who is around them . I take driving VERY seriously , and will NEVER do intentional stupidity like that .

el_bastardo

Reaction score
Of course , logical thing to do ,.. but you cant when as I've seen OFTEN on a 3 lane highway you get 3 dumbass idiots all side by side doing the same speed , with no one in front of them , and wont move , so you are blocked on all 3 lanes . The shit I've seen is severe mental stupidity . Dumbarses have no clue and could not care less who is around them . I take driving VERY seriously , and will NEVER do intentional stupidity like that .
You have anger problems dude. Lol. You're probably just as dangerous as those you're losing your shit about. :rofl:

tone seaker

Reaction score
Where the Rock Rolls Hard and the Blues Rains Down
I drive 8 mph over the speed limit in the left lane with the cruise control on. if some one wants to go 20-30mph over blatently breaking the law that is there problem not mine, Im not getting over going 10mph under behind semis getting my windshield broken for some raging person killing my gas millage :)

I do and continue to slow down to a complete crawl if nesseary when some jack ass is tail gaiting me flashing there lights.

Last edited:

el_bastardo

Reaction score
Ha ha , coming from a contrary dude like you , what I will say to you is .... "opinions are like assholes , everybody got one " LOL
For real though, calm down. If you get this irrationally angry just typing about other drivers, you are probably worse than them out on the actual road.

Rokinroller

Reaction score
I drive 8 mph over the speed limit in the left lane with the cruise control on. if some one wants to go 20-30mph over blatently breaking the law that is there problem not mine, Im not getting over going 10mph under behind semis getting my windshield broken for some raging person killing my gas millage :)

I do and continue to slow down to a complete crawl if nesseary when some jack ass is tail gaiting me flashing there lights.

Hey dude , you are not law enforcement , just get out of the way , let the guy go . Its the smart thing to do and cost you nothing . Avoid conflicts .

el_bastardo

Reaction score

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most interstates have signage that states the left lane should be left unimpeded for emergency vehicles, but that doesn't mean people comprehend that. Still, that doesn't give anyone the right to run them off the road in anger..or throw feces..I just go around, call them a fucktard to myself and continue on.....Now idiots who have no idea how to maneuver a 4 way stop...they need to die...:D