ASD 100 Vocals Question.

• Thread starter Mike E
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mike E

Reaction score
I play smallish gigs on the road travelling, 10 - 100 people eg, pubs beer gardens resturants etc, I use a Shure 58 plugged into mic chanel on my 17 year old Awesome ASD 100 with a little delay mixed in. Because different gigs and venue acoustics vary, sometimes my vocals sound raw and hollow, (keeping in mind i am not Pavortti,) Can someone please advise what vocal effects I can apply to help me smooth things a bit and maybe make it a little easier going. Thanks in advance Mike

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
Hi @Mike E and welcome to the MF :welcome:

A vocal effects/looper pedal may be the thing to try.
You can keep the XLR connections for the microphone channel and add effects, EQ, and pitch correction.
With a bit of tap dancing practice a looper could be a useful tool.

Boss do several, depending on your budget.

The cheapest would be a used VE-20 (discontinued).

The new ones are better, but cost more.
The VE-8 can allow for separate effects (and outputs) for vocals and the acoustic guitar.

Last edited:

Mike E

Reaction score
Hard to say from the description but hollow sound would mean an EQ. I would strongly recommend either a parametric or graphic, depending what the unit has on it now.
Possibly amp is geing overdriven depending on volumd requiremets too?
Thank you Jethro, the amp settings are just under half at anytime, not a overdriven sound, just not a sweet rounded sound on vocals only, the guitar is sweet on a lovely amp, I play a 1985 Maton Messiah ( pride and joy 👍) cheers Thanks

Mike E

Reaction score
Perhaps in some venues the 50 watt with 8" speaker just isn't enough? Unless it is run out to FOH then I guess that doesn't matter.
But an EQ can really help that hollow sound.
Thanks for you advice Jethro, I will do some research now Cheers Mike